1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Friend Ganesha!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by parineetha, Mar 28, 2013.

1. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Neetu,

It clearly exhibits your pure devotion and passion in your heart and soul

This is the most important factor in our devotion.
    I always quote these two verses in my thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/q...uality/171782-our-treasure-bhagavad-gita.html

Adhyay 18 verse 65 Always think of Me, become My devotee, worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend. :

"In the Gita the Lord has assured us that he is always with us, within us, to guide us, to help us live our lives. He will never let his bhakta down. This is a promise. God always keeps his promises." What power the words had. They entered right into my soul, giving me a great sense of confidence and peace.

"What does the Gita say? It says, `Stand up. Don't give up. Do. Act. Don't despair. You are not alone. I am with you. Come on, face life. that the Gita is not just an abstruse or esoteric philosophical text, but an assurance of help and hope. It preaches a positive, affirmative attitude to life. It uplifts and encourages. That is how the Gita is to be read.

You are on the right path Neetu. Stick to it with this attitude.

Love,
    Bhavna

2 people like this.
  2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Aww Neethu, that was so sweet. Glad that you could fulfill your wish.
    I know exactly what you mean Only difference being my best friend happens to be Guruvayurappan. Every year I try to visit and somehow only with my dad along with me am I sure of getting a darshan. The crowd is so much that I have not dared to go alone after my fathers demise. but you know what? He has come to Bangalore instead.Not many know of the temple in Blr and it is in a remote place so I go and have my tête-à-tête happily with him. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Am so honored Bhavanaji...I should let you know that your beautiful feedback meant a lot, a real lot to me. Would you believe if I say, there was a time in my life when I was almost becoming an Atheist..Yea..I thought God had gone deaf and blind that he can't hear or see what I was going through. I didn't realize that he gives hardest battles to his toughest soldiers. But I learnt the hard way, now for sure I know God makes no locks without keys.
    And thanks for the Verses, Am getting goose bumps while reading those Gita Saransh. Gita is not a Religion, it is the way of life.

4. parineetha

Thanks a lot for your sweet words.
    I grew up in Thrissur, which was hardly 25 kms from Guruvayoor. So all occasions were celebrated with Guruvayoorappan.
    We made no plans, any day we felt like being there, we drove. Not sure If you’ve heard the Chembai sangeetholsavam, 11 day music festival during Ekadasi time, we never missed that.
    You must once go during that time. You will love it, if you’re a lover of Carnatic music.
    Oh I've not heard about the B'lore temple. I'll plan my tête-à-tête with him soon when I visit Blore.

5. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Wow Neetu!! Watta experience! I am sure the darshan must be truly mesmerising for you!!! :)

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Parineetha dear Glad to know that you are a devotee of Ganeshji and from your post can make out that you have matured now and have realised that we need not ask God anything , He knows when to give. That shows that you have realised the truth about life. Glad that you could fulfill of your wish.

I am also very fond of Ganeshji and usually I like to gift Ganeshji to my loved ones. I was working near Siddhi Vinayak Temple. In the beginning I could not visit regularly as we used to reach office in time and I was travelling by train. Then after my hip bone fracture in 1991 I started travelling by contract bus , so I used to reach before time and could visit Ganeshji Temple everyday. Now a days they have kept security there and not like before and now since I have retired its a long time since I visited that temple which is very famous in Mumbai. But I go to Ganeshi temple near the station every Tuesday with my dh.

In Guruvayur and Tirupathi temple also it is very difficult to get darshan and they dont allow you to see the Lord also properly. Once there was a big Q in Tirupathi and we thought we wont get darshan but my aunt's husband knew someone there and because of him we could get darshan nicely and I was thinking they will drive us away so did not stand long but the person there told me have good darshan.

1 person likes this.
  7. parineetha

Hey Sweety...Thanks for coming..
    Was an awesome feeling that he hears me and responds, just like how my baby hears my voice and reacts now. Both are absolute bliss.

8. parineetha

Thanks Vijima for sharing your vivid memories of Vinayagar temples. I haven’t been to Varasiddhi Vinayak temple in Mumbai but have heard a lot. Would love to visit soon.
    Yea, Visting thirumala itself is a blessing and you should be really lucky to have a peaceful darshan.

1 person likes this.
  9. nikitamjain

nikitamjain Silver IL'ite

I am not a strong believer of god myself, but your straightforward and heartfelt post makes one think about the kind of strong faith only a true devotee can have in his god :) Nice post; do continue to share such experiences :)

1 person likes this.
  10. parineetha

Dear Nikita,
    Thanks for your kind words! I wrote this long time ago, but even now, I get goose pimples thinking of that whole episode.
    "I'll believe it, when I see it", is what commonly said. But God's way is different.
    He says that we will SEE, when we first BELIEVE!... The "believing" comes first.
    We must believe that God WILL do what he has promised to do. Only then will we see the promise fulfilled.
    And that Conviction doesn't come very easily :)...

-Neetu-