1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Barbie cake again

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by chamu02, Aug 28, 2014.

1. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

Attached Files:

6 people like this.

2. kalaprabha

kalaprabha Silver IL'ite

Wow awesome!!!! how did you make this? explain please.....my DD has also asked for a tinker bell fairy cake ,hmm....lets see if i can try to make or order from baker....
    Your cake look stunning....!

3. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

4. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

Thanks so much.
    But is is so easy to make. All u need is to bake cake of 3-4 layers of different round shape last one in a bowl shape (so that u get her hip, if u invert and keep this bowl shaped cake above all the cake) . Keep one after the other , applying the frosting & finally keep the bowl shaped cake. Insert a barbie removing her attire and also her legs( yeah i mean it- remove her legs and insert )
    Then final part is decoration with frosting as you wish.
    My step by step snaps revealing how i did my first cake is here Chamsixtosixty: 3D Egg less Barbie doll cake

Somewhere similar to what i did is like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7xwMgL2qlk
    Because, as i had very little confidence before doing the first cake, i browsed toooooooooo many sites before i started and i did sample cake , sample frosting etc before i did the original cake last year. I did so many test samples because i dont have cake dough machine , frosting machine & cake decorating rotator board . I used hand whipping for butter and icing sugar mix for frosting ( i learnt from my mistakes personally that if it 's hand whipped the frosting eats a lot lot of icing sugar and the frosting is so sugary ) So always better using machine . And again mine is 100% eggless even the cake and the frosting. So in that case its highly recommended to add simple syrup ( sugar syrup ) while arranging the cakes one after the other & before inserting barbie doll.

Thats its tatttaaraaaaaa. U r done with wonderful mass hit cake :)

1 person likes this.
  5. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

:wowvery beautiful and cute cake...

6. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

Can we prepare this cake ahead ( a day before ) and keep it in fridge?

7. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Ooohh...its so pretty. I love the pretty pink icing too. You got her flowing gown perfect. Lucky birthday girl!!!

8. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Perfect cake and looks yummy too :)

9. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

Of course yes,
    You can bake the cake a day before well ahead cool it , add simple syrup ( i feel its a must for an egg less cake. You can prepare a day before but do not store it in fridge. I may sound bit unusual ,which i too felt before practicing) , . while the cake is baking, you can make the frosting cream ready .So many tips from various sites helped me to get a good cake.

One of it is Make frosting cream in batches and not all in one time, because you might
    not get the same fluffy consistency as u wish , also its easier to make in batches.

So you can get ready with frosting cream (again eggless) when the cake is baking and when cooled u can apply cream.

Important tip i got from a site : Do Not store the decorated cake inside the fridge. Believe me , i did so . This helped from avoiding the cake to become hard. Also before the function started , i kep the cake inside the fridge for 15-20 min for chill feeling when eating the cake .Thas it. But still you can prepare the cake well before a day and leave it outside( where it will be safe out from ants ) and keep it closed with a butter sheet / cotton cloth ( I used umbrella concept to store it overnight.

10. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Wow looks so good. I also make my DDs birthday cakes myself. Can you please tell me which icing did you use. I never had luck with butter cream icing. It either curdles when I add colour or is gritty, sometimes both. I only use cream frosting but since my DDs birthday is in nov and it's summer here so when I pipe cream frosting after sometimes it become runny and gets very messy to work with, but I manage some how. So if you used buttercream icing can you please share the recipie. Thanks.