having fun with pets - get involved!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by drradha7, Aug 21, 2014.

1. drradha7

drradha7 Bronze IL'ite

Having a dog opens one to new experiences in life. A dog’s way of living in the moment is so spontaneous and infective that one’s perspective of any task at hand undergoes a complete changeover.
    I have noticed one other thing. A pet which is with its human owner since puppyhood has a more positive, vivacious and electric reaction to initiating and completing any game. Also they are so attuned to their owners responses that the dog and human are in complete sync! Its a beautiful language!
    Lizzy, the boxer i had, thinks anything solid on the ground is reason enough for playing, especially if her humans are sitting down or standing idle! Sandy, the dalmatian, has a very cautious approach. Her thought processes go like this .....Should i initiate a game, should i just mind my own business, should i wait for them to call me... she's so in self doubt. Poor kiddo. If i am too vigorous, she runs away scared……….this from a big dog that doesnt mind taking chunks out of any human part of unannounced visitors to our house! Rufus, on the other hand, is totally nonchalant and independent! He will initiate and tease a game out of you, and just as easily tire of your ‘childishness’ and flop on the ground, refusing to be party to any such ‘silliness’! Nothing on earth will make him move his butt after that!

Abandoned dogs, I think, come with a lot of baggage. So their fun-loving, spirited instincts are cut short at the puppy stage itself. They really dont know mischief!
    Lizzy would go bonkers over anything and everything, to get her humans involved into her! Her vivaciousness was very infective. Here, we had just received a package and Lizzy grabbed hold of it the moment the courier dropped it off!

She thinks it was delivered just so that she could rip it open and divulge the contents, in a tattered state if you please, to her humans!
    [​IMG]Incidentally, the package also contained medicines for Lizzy (For her cancer). So i kept a watchful eye on her and did not want to engage in the play too much. Lizzy lost interest! So i had to yank the package a tad just so that her majesty could feel she had overpowered me and got the package away from me!

A little rest after a vigorous game of tug-of-war with the package and Sandy, who joined in a little late but nevertheless, gave Lizzy as good as she got, also took a breather! If Lizzy’s growls get too fierce, Sandy would let go and try and grab a bite from another angle!
    [​IMG]

Here all the 3 resting.........after a 'long day's work'........sigh!! Pets can really pull on a long face! Lizzy even if she was tired, which was never, could never resist any game, even if called instantaneously from her position of rest!

1 person likes this.

2. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Very nice write up and such good looking doggies :)

3. drradha7

drradha7 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks. :thumbsup I love animals and especially dogs. I have a new boxer now, also abandoned and ill-treated in his earlier home. Lizzy passed away on 04 Aug 2014.

1 person likes this.
  4. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

So sorry for your loss :(