1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am BLAMED for Everything

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by hellosister, Aug 22, 2014.

1. hellosister

hellosister Silver IL'ite

Hi
    I did inter community love marriage. my husband in younger one in his family so we waited for his elder brother to get married. as soon proposing me my husband told about me to his mom and i also knew his mom before our wedding. i knew my MIL 7years before wedding. she liked me and gave green flag . she went on to say that she dint like girls of their community!!!! it took 2years to convince my family. but what had happened was my husband elder brother married six months earlier than us and six month was his before marriage period. since my husband elder brother got engaged my MIL started mis behaving with me, she would say she does not like love marriage but what to do .... days went by... when it came to our wedding where my parents agreed for the wedding my MIL refused and not agreeing for wedding but this time my husband said i am marrying her then without choice she came for the wedding but she along with my Co-Sis behaved the worst with my mom, whenver we went for shopping they both would walk 100 ft away from us. on the wedding my mom was standing in the side all alone and my mil would carry my CO sis everywhere. infact for food also she did not call my mom. so many insulting incidents had happened that i really felt why did i do love marriage.

well my co sister never talked to me its been 5years of her wedding all she would talk hi hello and only once or twice a year.
    she would talk to me when people are around and she had no choice but she would talk to my husband for hours and give me wrong information and we both fight.
    My husband elder brother is a big bully. he would bully me every time and i stopped talking to him after 3-4 bully incidents.my BIL did not have job and had business but he wanted to become pilot!!!!! so my husband has funded all his education including some of his gold for his wedding as well. he became pilot and got job after 4 years of his mairrage and we spent all our savings on his pilot course including his honeymoon and did not plan baby also since we had expenses.

now he is pilot earns in lakhs. problem is since he became pilot he stopped talking with my hubby they do not share anything with us. once he called said mom wants us to buy a house and he needs 70-80lakhs , and ya after becoming pilot he dint even share his uniform picture with us. this had hurt my hubby a lot and he said i don't have money and if you could give me some money from our joint share (joint business along with his uncle and some properties in village) i also can buy a house.... he fought nicely...he went on to say that my husband dint do anything for him :(

so now my husband is not talking with any of them as my MIL says he is the worst son, brother and i am the worst DIl . This had hurt my husband a lot and he is not taking their call at all....

Now my MIl once fought with my parents that i have changed her son and i am the cause of their family breaking. i did nothing still she blames me for everything.
    FYI nobody in my husband family ever talked with me ... my MIL would talk if she wants to bad mouth CO sister and i was so naive that i poured my heart to her about my co sister behavior with me now she taking all those things.
    my husband decided to cut all cords and very very heart broken and so do i ...and they are putting pressure on my parents.... my co sister was pregnant in between and they informed only my husband they dont share anything with me and corner me all the time. we have spent all our savings on them postponed baby but they once got settled having nice time and we are still suffering even after he got job. we stay in US and my mil visited us in 2012 and she made my life horrible she tortured so much that i had suicidal thoughts when she was here.... my husband never supported me during her stay and would believe all her lies that time... she went to the extent that she had problems in my husband sleeping with me!!!!!! she never liked if room lights were on!!!!!! i really wanted to either break the marriage or commit suicide seeing my husband changed behavior but i dint do any of it as i had a hope that my husband is a good person its just that he is being manipulated and at last after seeing his brother true face he became my old boy friend again and said sorry for all his behavior ....
    i really hate them now but dont know what to do.... my parents are forcing me to become friends with in-laws. (my MIL and BIl questioned my character, integrity everything previously that was the reason for my suicidal thoughts) and i also personally dont want any relation with them after all these!!!! but everyone have become heros and i am villain :(

2. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Let the relations be as it is.. You dont have to have have a great relation with people who bully you.. Also make sure that you don't bad mouth about your in-laws to your husband. Coz if someday they all become cordial all that you said will come back and bite you.

Just be sure to be with your husband/ support your husband and plan for your future.

Good Luck to you!

1 person likes this.
  3. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

So now your husband is on your side.Just stop contacts will pils concentrate on your own family.Save money for future.You have one advantage Your are in US.Save money and buy plots in india for future.

4. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

Why are your parents forcing you to be friends with your Inlaws.. Do they even know the meaning of friend ?!

5. hellosister

hellosister Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your responses..... but big problem now is they all the time put my parents in between.... they are pressurizing me through my parents.... they say my parents that i have to say my husband to calm down and talk again with them else people will bad mouth me..... it is my duty to patch these people as a DIL and my parents duty to tell me to handle things maturely :( my husband needs apology from his elder brother (he bullied my husband as well) he needs to know why he behaves like this...... he wants face to face confrontation but his elder brother did not call us but says to everyone that mu husband is behaving indifferently and not even answering his call and is not ready to sort out things.... when my husband said he never called my MIL says my husband is lying and disgraceful!!!!! my co sister dont talk to me its 5 yrs and nobody seems to even think that she is wrong and rude towards me, where we both have spend everything for their well being.....

6. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Hey op
    ur problem has been solved really! As other have suggested no need to beg before selfish n mean ppl! Save urself n buy a plot in india!! No need to stress urself over all this! If it has come to u thinking abt suicide bcz kf them then what is point of such ppl in life??!

1 person likes this.
  7. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

8. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

you are lucky, I must say. Gawd .. how many wives do get their old boy friend back???? I envy you.

Things you need to ponder about / do:

Firstly, do not ever ill talk about your il-laws with your DH. Never ever. You might think of this situation as a chance to vent out but no.. be careful.... very careful. Just because he is on your side doesn't mean you can do that. I don't want to sound rude by saying times might change and depress you, but remember blood is thicker than water. Just enjoy your life with him.

Secondly, be stern with your parents. Gather your courage, be bold and tell your parents that your DH wants to deal with this and doesn't want you to involve in that building up broken relationship with in-laws. It is you who has to be strong and ask them not to interfere in this matter. Find out your own ways to do so or get a mock session done. Role play kind you see. Anticipate what all they would talk to you, what you might respond, and how you can be more confident to literally shut them off this matter.

Thirdly, go to the first point.

Good luck. I am telling you, I envy you again. You are few of those whose stars shine even after the Helium is running out.

9. Shina

Shina Gold IL'ite

Just explain to your parents that by trying to amend ur PILs relations with ur husband they are actually jeopardising ur marriage. History suggests that the first thing ur PILs will do as soon as the son is on their side is to bad mouth u and cause fights between u two. Tell ur parents how ur mil used to bad mouth u to ur husband when she came to US and caused big fights between you two.

Also right now focus on developing a strong bond with ur husband in absence of their interference. Who knows when they will get back together and start causing trouble for u again.Hope never but better be safe than sorry.

10. persecutedDIL

persecutedDIL Gold IL'ite

I am glad that your husband has finally seen through their shallowness and selfishness.
    Please ask your parents to back off and be bold in front of your MIL. They must just maintain - our daughter is very good etc.
    MIL or co-sister can never be made confidante. But better late than never.YOu now know that they are untrustworthy, so don't fret anymore.
    You can support your husband in these tough times by being a good wife and by performing all the duties of a good wife. Cook good food, if you like. Listen to him and his problems. But there is no need to be an intermediary. Also, you must not instigate him either. Just be calm and neutral. And please ask your parents to keep out of all this.
    Postponing having baby for others is the most foolish thing to do because it always backfires. Doosre ka ghar toh bhar jata hai, apna adhoora reh jata hai.