My pets and I

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by drradha7, Aug 19, 2014.

1. drradha7

drradha7 Bronze IL'ite

Oh, I didn't know there was a section like that. In fact, I was searching for animal loves forum yesterday. Yeah, pl go ahead and move it. :) I will search for that forum right away.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

3. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

A heart rending tale ddradha, thank you for sharing it. It reminded me of a squirrel my teacher had found in our classroom and how we tended to it.

Different people have different ways to deal with traumatic experiences. I too had three dogs that my parents and I adored. Naturally their loss was unbearable, I still do cry, though it has been more than a decade. I also cherish those happy memories of them. But most importantly I have the lessons of life I picked up loving a beautiful creation of God.

I don't have any pets now, because of various reasons. And I feel sorry for all those who haven't discovered the joy of receiving unconditional love. I hope to find that love again someday.

1 person likes this.
  4. Neethu87

Neethu87 Gold IL'ite

I had one cat which i name Micky. It was very close to my brother and myself. That was our first and last pet. It got close to our heart soon. It was with us for 1 year and one unfortunate day it did not come back home. We searched for it all around the area but could not find. :-( That time some gypsies(Nari kuravargal) were staying nearby to my area and my friends told they might have had ate my Micky. Even today i believe my Micky is living somewhere in good health and it is cared by some good heart. After that I did not find it in my heart to love another pet and lose it.

5. drradha7

drradha7 Bronze IL'ite

You are right. People who don't have pets, people who don't love animals, don't realize what a wonderful creation on God they are missing in their lives.!
    I wouldn't do without my babies. In fact, Lizzy who passed away, never thought she was a dog! She always thought she was as human as us!!
    I always had pets, when I was with my parents, and now when I am a parent. Unfortunately, My husband does not share our (My 2 sons and I) love for the pets. He is pretty remote with them.
    We 3 even volunteer at the local animal shelter to look after abandoned and sick dogs. :)

2 people like this.
  6. drradha7

drradha7 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Dear Neethu,
    Your cat whether alive or dead, is out of your hands now and in the safe hands of God. Keep his happy memories in your heart and mind and for his sake and for the sake of those hundreds of abandoned and abused animals, keep another pet.

You will realize how joyous and creative your life becomes once you have a pet. Alzheimer's or any other kind of senile dementia will never affect you!

1 person likes this.
  7. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Dear drradha7...
    Your family has made Jerry the luckiest squirrel in the world for his final two months by showering him with such tender love and care.. bless your heart..

8. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

This is a quote that I like and maybe others in the thread can derive some comfort from it like me..

“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them.
    And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart.
    If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog,
    and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”

2 people like this.
  9. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi deeps,
    Perfect ! You already have achieved the ultimate( embodiment of generosity & love) with all the doggies you have fostered and mothered for so long ....the list is endless and you have dear Rusty boy now the latest VIP at home!

10. drradha7

drradha7 Bronze IL'ite

Dear deeps,
    Thanks. But i had visions of keeping Jerry for a long long lo....n...g time till he could get up the trees and claim his fiefdom on his own and have a family of his own, without fear of other squirrels or predators attacking him. Sadly, that was not to be. I have really cried at his loss. He was a sweetheart and i learnt a lot from him.
    Do you know that even his potty and pee times were perfectly regulated by 1 month of being with us??!!!! We could take him to the washbasin and at that time, he would evacuate promptly. :) Of course, he did have 'accidents' but very occasionally. :)

1 person likes this.