1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

FB Madness!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shalumurthy, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Shalumurthy

Shalumurthy Gold IL'ite

After my colorful drama, I'm back and this time with a more serious matter in hand! And no, its absolutely not about Ebola nor it is about Gaza!! this is far beyond all!

And this epidemic is called, "Facebook"

Well, it seriously is!

Facebook is one the most hip and happening social networking sites. It is so popular, that it is mandate to have an account for individuals, business and companies!! Facebook business is booming!! The simple motto that people love to gossip has spread and now has a reached such a level that I was shocked today!

I had a chance to peek into my brother in law's phone today as he was browsing his FB! And I was surprised, shocked and frustrated, experiencing all three states of mind.

A good looking fellow had lost his loving dad! and that's not bad to share as a status; knowing that it might reach to a larger audience since they would busy with the funeral. But I was shell shocked after I requested to look into his phone as my curiosity got the better of me! This so called good looking fellow had not jus stopped with the status update, he had uploaded pictures!

Now, you might ask what's wrong with a picture of his dad!! Well, its not wrong but he had clicked and uploaded the picture of his dad in his death bed, with the garland and the cotton stuffed in his nose!!

I had to look twice just to make sure I was not dreaming. How can one find time amid the sorrow and pain caused due to the death of a loved one to click a picture of them in their death bed! Again, I'm self debating that the pic might have been clicked to remind themselves one last time of the departed as a memory but I'm just not able to swallow the fact that all those pleasant pictures would suit better for memories than the one in their death bed.

Uploading the pic in FB?? What is it that they wish to state through the status, I still don't get it! Let me also not forget to mention the 30 likes and the 28 comments and 10 tags for this status!

What's there to like a status about an obituary!! Shouldn't we sorry for their loss; doesn't the likes simply imply we are celebrating their loss, OMG!! or am I getting it wrong??

I do have friends who wish their own siblings in Facebook!! Siblings who reside in the same house!! why cant they just tell them in person, its a lot personal than FB!!

Honoring the other person through a status makes sense, but why should you say 'I love you' to your husband in Facebook!! Another drama, which I find very funny!

All this doesn't mean, I don't use Facebook! I do use but I don't do this insane madness people do on FB.

I do share status, might be some inspirational quotes, I upload pictures mostly of outings and celebrations so that I could share the joy with my friends whom I don't get to meet otherwise.

FB is such an interesting and lovely addition to our life, we get closer to friends and families though we may be miles apart, but this insanity has got to stop.

If we want so much attention, why don't we do something really good, innovate or at least dream!! They might takes us to places where even FB posts can't!

2. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

OMG this is height of FB obsession uploading funeral pics is like WHat!!!! !!!!........
    Seriously some people cant change!!!
    Good read and true valid points madam

2 people like this.
  3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Good Post... cant imagine how can one post his dad s photo like this?? These are sad events of one s life which is quite personal. No one would like to post it as these photos will come up each and every time thereby wounding the heart again and again.

A thought provoking post for the young ones who loves to update each and every thing first on fb & watsup even before enjoying that moment!

Madness at its heights!!!

2 people like this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear shalu,
    You have a valid point there. Sharing his father's death is okay as the message will reach all concerned immediately, but posting the picture is a very sad thing.
    It seems people press the like button as a reflex action without thinking.
    PS

5. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

It is crazy that some one presents the news of death , as a 'celebration' by sharing photos !

Some amount of sensitivity is needed while sharing the death news !

Shalumurthy and (deleted member) like this.
  6. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

Well said. Once I saw a funny pic where the lady has gone through an accident and the cops arrived but she was busy taking a selfie and posting it to FB.

We also have a bakery nearby named "Facebake". We just laugh out whenever we cross that bakery. facebake??????

2 people like this.
  7. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

This is definitely thought provoking. People have forgotten about what to keep as private and what to make public.

The other posts that fill the facebook is "selfies". They take this to a different level. I had this friend who posted her and her husband's pic in the bedroom snaps on her anniversary with candles and flowers (i dont want to get into more details). i was confused as to whether i should like it or not. If i like it my other friends/family would see it; if i dont i would lose this friend. ugh!

3 people like this.
  8. Pupu

Pupu Silver IL'ite

It is really sad!!we actually forget where we should put a full stop !!!!overdose of anything is very very injurious to health !!! FB should be a small part of our life ,not our life!!!but lots of people now a days confused between this two!!!sad!!
    very nice and relevant post!!
    tk cr

1 person likes this.
  9. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Its very sad to upload death bed pictures. Saying ' I love you' to husband through FB
    is a modern drama. Yes, we are becoming more and more modern , we can't think what to share and what not to share.

2 people like this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

true pantu...I do not understand why u need to tell how much u love your husband through fb when he is in the next room!

These days fb has become like a status symbol..to show off who is more cooler!

2 people like this.