1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep Pretty Darling, Do Not Cry, And I Will Sing A Lullaby

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Satchi,

Pain is so mysterious! Before you even realize the affliction, the body is preparing to layer with scabs. Before your mind fully registers the loss, it is already coping up. Even when you start feeling that pierce in the heart it is only solidifying as strength.

Things that well your glands, will only surfeit your smiles later when you think , the memories, the time, the moments will all add up to a beautiful experience of a life time. You will have your mom closer to you in her death than life with her extraordinary journey as a fighter, adorable, gritty woman inspiring you in ways you can only imagine every day.

I don't know Satchi but though I wish to offer my condolences with a phatic , oh poor you , I am compelled to tell you - her passing was only passing down of her legacy to you in the form that we all have grown to love you both as women of substance who fought against all odds till the end.

So her death was not a fell or a loss but an embrace of peace after a weary battle. Let us not entomb her in stony commiseration R.I.P but suffuse her spirit in ways she has made us laugh, cry, suspended among people who have never met but still want to know about her. Sir Christopher Wren's epitaph at St Paul's reads "Lector, si monumentum requiris, circumspice" which means "Reader, if you seek his monument, look around you." You have immotalized her in your writing, anedcotes, every where around so beautifully that is she gone? No, she is more than ever everywhere now!

5 people like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aria,

That is a really beautiful message from you. The 13 days are over. Am waiting to get back home and into my routine, hopefully finding something meaningful to occupy the time I used to spend with her.

Talking about my mom, my niece had sent a little write up to be read out at her 11th day prayers. I am posting it here. There were certain incidents I may not have been privy to, but many bear witness to the different aspects of her character.

1 person likes this.
  3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

My Condolences Madam.

I know you all did not want her to suffer any more Still....
    That heading and wordings do speak more emotions than what I understood or what I read. IT is a huge loss only.

1 person likes this.
  4. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,

So sorry to hear about your loss. May her soul rest in peace.

Do you remember, once I said I had pictured you as a wise sage, a gyani. I see you that way again, for staying so composed. Your mom is at peace now and will always watch over you. My best wishes and prayers for you to stay strong and happy always!

1 person likes this.
  5. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Really heart rendering.
    Yeah we always think we have still years and years with them but we fail to realize they are slowly weaning away.It is tremendous loss but life has to go on.Sometimes wonder what is LIFE all about?We are here now and the next moment gone for ever without a trace of having lived...Sorrow on to memories..............
    Do not worry we at least have wonderful memories which we can linger on ...and your mother must be watching over blessing you.

1 person likes this.
  6. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

My condolences Satchi !

I can understand what you're going through !! I lost my loving FIL (90 year old) just 3 months back and while I terribly miss his wisdom, love and laughter, somehow I'm glad that he went without being hospitalized for a single day - that was his major fear !

And I feel they are not really gone .. They live on in memories, in thoughts and many times they remain as ourselves - their lessons, the character and love they passed on to you and through you to other people in your life...

1 person likes this.
  7. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Heartfelt condolences dear. You have beautifully captured your love and feelings here. May her soul rest in peace. She is no longer suffering and is in the comfort of her loved ones. She will be there in spirits to guide you.
    Aparna

8. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi, hugs to your dear. You did all that you could for her. She is blessed to have a dd like you.

9. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

my heartfelt condolences ...

i felt the same when i lost my mother ... she looked soo peaceful .... when she breathed her last only my sis and i were with her and i was telling my sis ... "she is going ... going .. .gone" .... it was soo simple compared to all that she suffered in those last days of her life ...

i used to feed her, clean her do everything ... we had quite a few ppl (paid servants/nurses) looking after her but i still did a lot ... and how i miss her even today ... whenever i see a crow say caw caw near our kitchen window ... i say to myself ... amma vanduthaya ... i am sure you are also missing her soo and will continue to miss her ...

but keep faith she has gone to a much better place .. and god bless her soul ...

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

RIP to your mother Satchi. I can understand your mixed feelings very well. Don't worry, your mom is in the most safest place now, without having to bear any sufferings like before. Keep praying for her

1 person likes this.