1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

8 months old not eating well

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by deebajegan, Jul 26, 2014.

1. deebajegan

deebajegan New IL'ite

Hi my daughter is 8 months old. I have started solids at her 6 the month. But now she is not eating well. Whenever I feed she starts crying. Tried all ways of diverting but in vain. Pls advice to feed her some different foods. I give her rice cereals, fruits, veggies, rice with dhal. But only homemade.

2. jigisha321

jigisha321 Gold IL'ite

Sudden food refusals may happen due to gas/indigestion.Infant digestion drops are available(please consult your Paediatrician) which ease digestion so that the child feels hungry for the next meal..
    Sometimes babies want different taste and get bored of same taste also..try adding some flavours to her meals in form of very mild spices (in pinches of course), little bits of cheese etc which adds good scent and flavour...many good baby food recipe websites are there also..you can refer to annabel kramel's recipes for yummy tasting baby-food..

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

4. deebajegan

deebajegan New IL'ite

Thanks for ur valid response.
    actually I will not force feed ramya.i will try to divert to make her calm. Yes she is teething.

5. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Have you tried applying teething gels? Also give her something cold and hard to munch on. Like a stick of cold cucumber. Or apples.

You could use one of those feeders with a net. (Search for it online) your baby will be able to hold it and chew the food through. For it not to go floppy, use long sticks of unpeeled apple/ pear/ cucumber. Stuffing it with small bits makes it floppy and frustrates the child.