1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Gynecologists in and around New Jersey

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by ramya_psk, Mar 31, 2007.

1. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Re: Good Gynec

Hi vbhatt,

Sorry, i don't have any idea about that, as i have insurance. I think its better to have insurance here, otherwise it is very difficult to bear health bills here.

2. vbhatt

vbhatt New IL'ite

Hi Usha,

Thanks for writting ! I had insurance which will expire end of this month its international health insurance i had but i know here its different. So I am looking for good insurance option... hey you live in Jersey City too so do i .... where are you ? I am at a place called exchange place ....You have kids ? I am planning for next year ...

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

any doctors you go to, talk to them first. how it works..

There are places where would be mommies and babies are treated free without insurance..

Else you will asked to pay minimum fee. But since its all private here.. each have their own set of rules..

Good luck !!

4. vbhatt

vbhatt New IL'ite

Thank you for the Info.... I have few more question - would you know how much do docs usually charge like their fees for seeing the patient and what do they charge for Sonographies ? Thanks a lot ....

5. Nandshyam

I have no clue about sonograms :( may be mom's here can tell you that.

But usually for a visit it should be $100 minimum if no insurance.

The best thing would be to call a doc's clinic and discuss your options with them. They will give you more information and guide you correctly :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  6. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

HiVbhatt,

I'm in Jersey city(bleecker street). Actually for Exchange place it takes some
    20-30mts i guess. I came once to visit Liberty of Statue. Kids- not yet..on the way:)

7. ForeverPositive

ForeverPositive New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have recently started going to Dr.Vatsala Rao.I thik the person who posted the comment prior to me stated correctly that she is very professional- will only answer what is asked.But overall I guess it depends on your personal choices, do you like a Dr.Who gives u endless advice or someone who will give u min advice but will still have your confidence.

I like her, coz my earlier Gynaec was completely over-testing me.

8. Nandshyam

Dimple..

Thats where the confusion is.. I mean we are new to all this. shouldnt we want our doc to tell us everything.. how can we ask questions without even knowing what we are upto..

hmmm.. over confusing aint?

9. willspair

willspair New IL'ite

Dear Vbhatt,

When i saw PCOS i started replying to you. You know i too had the same probs. I saw a lady indian gynec but she asked me to take pills (which has lot of side effects). I strongly disagree taking allopathic pills. I went to Dr.Raja Rahula in Palisades ave, Jersey city. He advised me that i'm in the early stage so i can wait and i can be conceived any time, first he did'nt advise me any tablets. Moreover I's doing "Kayakalpa yoga" regularly and now i started doing it after delivering a sweet girl in the month of Jan. Don't worry. Try to visit Dr.Raja Rahula. He will help you out. He is a very nice doc'.

10. kvidhya

kvidhya New IL'ite

Hi All :

can you pls suggest any good gynecs in & around Rahway ? pls share any recent experiences - i had read various postings on this - still not able to decide which one to go to ? can some one help? this is really urgent ... i am hearing mixed reviews ..pls help asap ...