Indians in Adelaide Australia

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by vanitha335, Aug 3, 2012.

1. komalarora08

komalarora08 New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

we are finally travelin on 19th June from Delhi.
    look forward to connect with tyou upon reaching. will be seeking some help and advice as well from this helpful group.

1 person likes this.
  2. ashhme

ashhme New IL'ite

Hi All,

Good to see so many migrating :) I live in Adelaide too. I was referred by my friend to a consultant who helped us with the post landing services (queries). We had contacted a consultant who helped us with most of our queries and assistance The cost per/ hr was minimal and we got very good support and advice from the consultant.

If someone needs the contact let me know. All the best !!!!!!

3. ashhme

ashhme New IL'ite

Hi Shruti,

Its been a month I guess in Adelaide. How is it going ??

Ashh

4. ashhme

ashhme New IL'ite

Hi Komal ! Have a safe journey ... Do carry warm clothes in hand baggage.. Might need them on landing.. Drizzling with chilling breeze.. Al the best ! :)

5. komalarora08

komalarora08 New IL'ite

Thanks Ashhme... we reached safely on 20th.. my sis-in-law lives in Perth and have come to stay with her for few days.. my husband is reaching Adelaide alone on 30th June to arrange accommodation.
    does someone have an arrangement that can help us?.. we are open to sharing for initial 2-3 months until any of us has an OK job.
    we are 3 (me, hubby and 8 months old daughter).. we are quite, generous, hygienic family. pls see if you have an help to offer.
    komalkumar08atgmaildotcom

thanks,
    Komal

6. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

Hey You Guys,

How is everyone here?
    Its been ages since I've visited this site.
    So which stage of migration are you at now.
    Mine would be 2nd one way trip this year in October now.
    My biggest challenge is finding a house/flat/Villa(kidding) yada yada..
    For the time being when we reach there I was thinking SHARED ACCOMMODATION with Indian..you know Birds of same feathers.:goodidea:.. So please give your Valuable advise..arguments regarding this subject.
    Or if someone you is there already and want to share for a few days, it would be great :2thumbsup:.
    Cheers :)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  7. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hi Abida,
    Great news that you're finally making the big move :). I remember flashing the same question over an year ago. To find shared accomodation a good idea would be to search gumtree rentals and use Indian couple as the keyword. I am in India on a small vacation. Hopefully will get to know you when you're here? :)
    Take care,

8. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

Hey Shareon
    Good to hear from You. I have been searching on Gumtree and came up with very few shared accommodation ads from Indians and too far from CBD.
    How long did it take for you to find accommodation.... We were thinking Serviced Apartments for some atleast 2 weeks till we search for a good place. Any idea about those, I am searching Realestate ,Domain & Stayz too..
    Can you give me an idea about which area will be best suited, as in closer to CBD, safer & also to Indian Grocers etc...
    Finding you way in new places is tiring really. We I went to England it was too easy, my husband had already settled in a place which we called home for almost 5yrs. Now all this process is daunting to say the least.. Cheers.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  9. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hi Abida,
    Cant agree more how intimidating the entire move can be. I dont have idea on Serviced appartments but I know finding a rental on real estate/domain is not going to be easy esp when theres no proof for Australian income. Once your bank accounts show cash flowing in, renting is easier. Indian grocers are everywhere (at least one in a community) the only problem is moving around. I would suggest going for a place where theres bus service closeby since it would get rid of the commuting issue unless youre investing in a car which is a good idea too.

10. ashhme

ashhme New IL'ite

Hey lovely ladies..

Spring is here so time to get some sun.. We can catch up for some coffee and chat.. Any newbies in Adelaide..?