1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How many alliances did you rejct before selecting your life partner??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by VaniVyas, Jul 13, 2014.

1. IndianLady009

IndianLady009 Gold IL'ite

Mine is a love marriage.

One proposal came during my bachelors..They rejected me as I had some skin rash then(I was very honest and told that guy about this and showed the rash thats on my hands)...they rejected me that I am not fair(but in general I am very fair).

Later I told my parents that I want to do masters....and then we moved to a different city and met my DH as college mate.Surprisingly the water in that city suited me well and all the rash I had gone away in days..May be its called Destiny:)

Struggle went on for few years because we are from different caste,convincing our parents etc...During that time,2 more guys came to my house to see me..Since,i was not interested..I got dressed with all the oily hair what not.
    I still feel bad about my parents then..But even then,both the cases,the guys liked me and wanted to marry me..so..I had to say all stupid reasons to say no.

Finally after all this,my parents realized that I wont marry anyone and after we got settled,they got us married..

Coming to the happiness part...If I have DH minus In-laws = Great Husband:clap.
    and ..DH + Inlaws = :hide:

4 people like this.
  2. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Not sure exactly how many but quite a few.
    For my first wedding, my parents rejected 5 or 6. I rejected one because he wanted to marry to get extra points for his Canadian visa/ PR.

Second time around, I rejected a few. My parents gave my phone number to 3-4 guys (after talking to their parents) and I was mad. I didn't like talking to any of them and most of them were suckers anyway. One couldn't stop talking about his ex, other thought he was much taller 9at 5'7") than me. One of them thought I worked at 'post office' because I was a post Doctoral Fellow. Two were my friends (one Indian and one French) who thought we're great together but they were just my friends. My friend introduced me to one guy who worked with her but I didn't like him.
    Then met my DH and the rest is history.

3. hamsadhvani

hamsadhvani Junior IL'ite

Mine is an arranged marriage and both of us met only on the day of our marriage. Till today life is going on smoothly. Horoscope exchanged for the first time and it is clicked for both of us. But now I am looking for a boy for my daughter and she is telling lots of conditions and rejecting for lots of reason. Don't understand what she wants and how she will accept a boy. Witsendthinkingsmiley

4. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

The first filter were my parents!! So at their level they may have rejected like 6-7 proposals! They only sent 3 proposals my way! Of which, I choose my DH !! Rejected the first one because even though the guy was very qualified, he was living in a remote area as he was building a power plant and I thot I would have nothing to do there! And the second one did not work out because everything got finalised with my DH even before the guy could come to India to meet up with parents!!
    Its been a year and half to our marriage and DH has been a good friend, we are still getting to know each other! Only syaapaa (problem) are my inlaws!! (sometimes I tease Dh that I should have seen more proposals)gigglingsmiley

sindmani and MaliniHari like this.