1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Reviews on Virgin Atlantic Flights

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by happygolucky22, Jul 10, 2014.

1. happygolucky22

happygolucky22 Silver IL'ite

Hello all,

we have never travelled to and from India to US through Virgin Atlantic. If anybody has done so please let us know good or bad reviews about this airline.

Since the tickets are cheap as compared to others and general internet reviews are bad too we are not sure to book tickets thru this airline. But the problem is the route and timings available are very convenient to us so we are in dilemma.

Please share the reviews, it will be very helpful to me. thanks

2. theamma

theamma Bronze IL'ite

I have not traveled to India by Virgin Atlantic, but have traveled to San Francisco by this Airline. They were wonderful. The hostess were pleasnt and helpful. I enjoyed hte flight.

3. flysauc

flysauc Gold IL'ite

I don't have any nice thing to share about the airways, maybe it was just with me .... But they did give me a very hard time .....last time I travelled from USA to India . My flight was delayed for some technical reason from Newark eon route London . And as usual the flight from London to Chennai left on time . But we we4e told that the flight will be waiting but it was just a lie . We had to fight to get a accommodation at London and we had to go thru all the security and immigration formalities .

As it is London airport is not one of the very friendliest airport , so all in all I will not take this flight just for cheaper fares.

4. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

I too had tough time in VA while coming from India to USA. It was connecting flight from London to JFK (Jet was from Mumbai to London and it was wonderful). Staff was rude and was not responding properly. I was travelling with my 2.5 year old and she was little cranky because of long journey. Some of their staff member came to me had asked very rudely to stop my DD's cry. Their food was also very pathetic (vegetarian).

On top of that, when I complained their captain who came just before landing. He said if your daughter is not adjustable, you should not travel alone. I was really upset with his reply and the way they spoke to me. My daughter is very fun loving but she got cranky as was unable to sleep.

I planned to complain ground staff but my DH said just leave this.