1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Mid morning had 1/2 glass of bottle gourd juice and 1/2 glass tea.

Made air fried vazhakai mazhakuvarti and tohail with the skin of the vazhakai. Not hungry yet for lunch. Shall post my lunch plate later.

3 people like this.
  2. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Thank you satchi. past two days i had some unhealthy food. so today i planned for the low carb diet..

tomorrow is my birthday... waiting for my favorite chocolate cake.i think i had cake 4 months back onmy hubby's birthday.i had some goal with me regarding the weight... i am nearing it .but because of the past two days food, i increased some gms.... so trying my best to reduce those gms with low carb food...

5 people like this.
  3. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

satchi, after reading all your recipes with air fryer. i got tempted with those less oil recipes...

1 person likes this.
  4. indirank

indirank Silver IL'ite

Thank you Shanvy.. I will try cooking wo oil

1 person likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

my net is making me go bonkers... i think there is some strategy to this...hmm
    and typing on my mobile is really hard and i have analysed that i am squinting too much reading on the mobile, so have issued control warnings to myself to not read sites that are not compatible on my mobile..

so i will not make individual ack of posts.

satchi you do tempt me to look into air-fryer which i check out during my every visit. now since i have a different plan after two years, let me think about it then...i have such a small kitchen in the rented place that i have now.phillips air fryer and braun kitchen machine/kenwood kitchen machine in my agenda.

and indulge yourself and loved that plat you had cooked for yourself. and opos is one way i cook most of my millet dishes for myself. my kids do not like the opos. thanks to masterchef, my son can tell me there is that smell of raw turmeric and the tomato has not been sauteed well...

congrats on reaching <65 ..keep going and you should write your success story..sweet victory beyond the impossible..should motivate many who make excuses for the slightest pain..

@CVmam so sweet of you to keep track of everyone of us.. we are immersed in your love and it never feels it is virtual. i am so happy for that. every small things makes a difference..your positive love makes a difference for me.. may god keep you healthy and happy.

@bhucat you too have a net problem, looks like it is there everywhere in chn. loved your plates but hope you are having more vegetables and fruits..that plate rice quantity is too less for you..remember you are young and the more you reduce it will become difficult later, and that will also force weight gain after the loss..eat well and exercise.

@mahe loved the lunch, the wonderful balance and variety. you have come such a long way as to make effort for yourself.. loved it loved it a lot...way to go. it is ok if you did not reach that target but you are one supermom according to your ds. i am sure your hubby also appreciates the changes..advance happy birthday to you.go bless you with everything you desire.wishing you a healthy and happy year ahead.

@damini busy? how are things with you. climate is a real damper for us. take care of kiddo..

@magee how are you doing..hope sah is giving you a stress free life. you are on ttc? (oops i should not ask that ..interfering and too personal..but thought i saw that somewhere)

@sridevi how are you..

@writera where are you. hope you are doing fine.

@deepslikes just saw you giving likes..hope things are fine with you.

did i miss any of you..if so not intentional. hope everyone is in the pink of health..

5 people like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I am happy.
    my dh called to tell that the money plant he grows there for me has survived and is growing again. actually it had shriveled because of no-care when he was out of the country. but now has bounced back..feels good what a little love and attention can do to a plant.

yestd. we were having a discussion about school and college happenings. and dd was very sad about some of the happenings and behaviour at college. i calmly told her let go of the negative and accept them as they are. you are going to be in the same place max for another 2 years..then each goes their way. you cannot change anyone. it is how they are. if they are being b***h, then it is their choice. you don't need to acknowledge that they are just ignore and let it go.. was wondering how far i have come.. i have stopped feeling bad for lot of things that people say (I mean 80-90%..have to work on that 10%) but it gives a sense of peace within when you can let go..

not sure why i am typing this inspite of hte net issues..wanted to share..

7 people like this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

My sunday lunch plate
    brown rice, corn gravy, tomato sabji, papad and curds.

IMG_0810.JPG

monday/today's plate - broad beans curry/avarakkai curry, mango barnyard millet/kudiravali rice, cucumber salad and curds.
    IMG_0814.JPG

and dearies where is that watermark mahe and bhu..

9 people like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

indrank you are welcome. remember reducing oil does not mean you are reducing fat. it just means you are reducing the fat that is visible to you. you maybe eating food that contains fat. and that is one of the reasons why i go low on oil.

if you have cholesterol issues you need to read the fine print on food items carefully. and yes join us with your journey..

1 person likes this.
  9. satchitananda

Hi everybody,

Mahesaran, wish you a very happy birthday in advance. :-D Today is the birthday eve. As for the few grams, it is good that we weigh ourselves everyday - keeps us on the straight and narrow. Apart from the diet there are so many other factors that lead to a +/- 1kg weight difference - the time of the month, bowel activity, water retention ..... So it is good to be aware and to take care of as many things as are within our control.

[/QUOTE]

Today's lunch was very delayed because I was not hungry after all the stuff I had in the morning. Then I went out for some work and when I got back it was 4.15 and I was hungry. So had veggies.

Am planning baked potato with salad for the night. So did not have any chappati or rice.

Lunch 14 July 2014.jpg

Vazhakai mazhkuvarti, cucumber raita, cabbage, leftover bunch beans and tohail of vazhakai skin.

7 people like this.
  10. satchitananda

New toy, new obsession!

Tried vazhakai chips this evening - a bit over done, so too "bhindi air-fry" :-D.

Baked potato was simply superb.

My evening snacks: A few pieces of chips, a spoonful of bhindi

Dinner: Carrot-leek soup, baked potato with cheese and salad.

Collage - 14 July 2014.jpg

10 people like this.