1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

moving to toronto from US with 3yr old

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by dinaviewer, Jul 27, 2012.

1. dinaviewer

dinaviewer New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I am Raji.I will be moving to Toronto from US,We are basically from Tanjore/Chennai. I would like to know the good residential areas/apartments with good indian community in Toronto.
    I would like to know about the prekindergarden?junior kindergarden for a 3 yr old?
    Last but not least I would happy if I get any opinion/suggestions /advice regarding anything under the world before moving to canada from US like things to buy,what not to do once when you are new in canada.
    Please let me know,I appreciate all your help!
    Raji

1 person likes this.

2. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Hi Raji, Welcome . I think Brampton & Mississauga has a lot of Indians.Sorry I have no suggestions for appartments. I am sure where ever you will choose to live there will be Kindergardens near by. As for the shoping I would say US has more choices and great prices for most things. You will find that even grocery stores have more variety in US as compared to Canada. All the best to you with your move.

3. Girijaraman

Girijaraman New IL'ite

Hello Raji
    How is life in canada. i will be coming to scarborough canada in june. Do you have any suggestions for schools ( my lil one is 4 years old), apartments.

thanks in advance

4. hital

hital New IL'ite

Hi raji,
    I just landed this month, for new lander wellesley street is great area initial stay as this is in downtown area accessible to most of basic needs we will be needing for first move. For children also as new immigrant they will find multiple nationality friends. And as u r comfortable with canadian system u can always move to ur suitable place.