What Qualities Do One Look For In a Life Partner?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by MissTiara200, Jun 18, 2014.

1. MissTiara200

MissTiara200 New IL'ite

Hello friends, I’m back with a question. Looking for your opinion.

What qualities do one look for in a life partner?

What are the qualities a big YES / NO in a life partner?
    Please share your opinion. I'm more of a quiet, calm, sit-in-a-corner-and-be-myself kind of person. I feel completely awkward to interact with people face to face regarding topics related to life partner. That’s the reason for posting this question here.

2. somehurt

somehurt New IL'ite

Well the qualities to look for differ from person to person. Something what you feel is intolerable, may be tolerable for another girl. To know what you need in your life partner, you need to know about yourself in detail.

For example, some girls like quick-witted, sarcastic guys, while some girls like soft spoken, sensitive ones :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

It greatly differ from person to person. Further there is cultural, religious and other practical differences.

I would like a man who respects me, loves the way as I am, cares me a lot. I would equally love him if he doesn't interfere in my freedoms after marriage. All is that, I think that I know what is the limit, and he should respect that. I too like to share a lot of things with my partner, so l love someone who is open to anything.
    One woman policy is a must for me. Further I give a slight preference for looks and education.
    I don't mind whether my partner has a job, how much he earns, how much pocket money will I get, and whether he will allow me to work or support my family. As long as I am earning enough, saving enough and has the freedom to do what I want within my reasonable limits, I am fine.

My mom, SIL and a few cousins differ from my stand. They don't care the part respect as long as they are respected as a human being/wife is fine with them. They give much weight for the man's professional part and the money that he earns.
    They don't mind if he has a past, and they are practical about his affiliations and hiding state of a man's present affairs. As long as they are not EMA, they are fine.

They dont need too much freedom. They think if a husband is checking on his wife, her dress, what to wear, whom to speak and all, then it is a sign that he loves her. I think it is bull****.

So, they can't love my H as the way I love and admire him. I can't admire their DHs as they way they admire them. Because our tastes are different.

As long as there is not so huge red-flags, I think it is okay

1 person likes this.
  4. Bonjour

Bonjour Bronze IL'ite

Qualities that i look for :
    1) Good sense of humor.
    2) Good listener.
    3) Smart.
    4) Honest.
    5) Trustworthy.
    6) Fitness freak.
    7) Kind.
    8) A little shy.

Big NO for :
    1) Liar.
    2) Bossy.
    3) Rude.
    4) Lack of commitment.
    5) Obnoxious.
    6) Lazy.
    7) Loud & Talkative.

5. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

I think this is a totally subjective topic. It depends on one's family background, social environment, experience and a lot of other factors.

Some may like a person who complements their qualities, as they may admire some qualities/skills in others which they themselves do not posses. Contrarily, some may feel comfortable with a person who shares their interests and qualities. I think only you can decide on this rather than asking others as each individuals feelings, desires and expectations are different.

6. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Good signature!

1 person likes this.