1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Sampradaya Chikitsa (Ayurveda + Yoga + Naturopathy)

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by babu, Feb 9, 2009.

1. durvan

durvan Bronze IL'ite

can we use eladi chorun as a face pack?

2. babu

babu Silver IL'ite

eladi choornam mix with good quality coconut oil used for scars and sun burn of the skin. for face pack you need to mix with curd or olive oil
    thanks
    babu

1 person likes this.
  3. NithuKannan

NithuKannan New IL'ite

Hello Babu Sir,

I have thyroid problem, since one year. Can you please let me know what I need to take to cure the same?

I am waiting for your reply eagerly. :yes:

Thanks
    Nithukannan

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  4. NithuKannan

NithuKannan New IL'ite

Hello Babu sir,

Can you please reply with medicine to cure the Thyroid?

5. babu

babu Silver IL'ite

Hi Nithu

sorry for the delay.

Thyroid disorders are classified in to two 1) Hyper thyroidism and 2) Hypothyroidsm.

First case in which the gland secrets excess of hormones and is common in women than men in an age group between 35-50. The affected individuals will be anxious,tremulous, irritable and some times hysterical due to the higher degree of metabolism. They may experience palpitation.

The second one hypothyroidism in which the gland is inactive producing too little hormone can be caused due to iodine deficiency or failure of thyroid bought by pituitary dysfunction.

ancient Ayurveda believes that who take milk in adequate quantities will be free from this decease.old rice, moong dal , bengal gram, sugar cane juice, cucumber, barley etc
    Coconut oil offers much promise today to sufferers of hypothyroidism and slow metabolism. It is a known fact that the fatty acid chains in coconut oil, known as medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) or medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), offer wonderful health benefits and are no where found more abundantly in nature outside coconut oil. For the hypothyroid sufferer the MCTs rev up the body's sluggish metabolism

1. Take 2 tbsp crushed flaxseeds
    2. Add little water
    3. Mix well and make paste
    4. Apply this on the throat
    5. Wash off after 20 min
    6. Dry with a clean piece of cloth
    continue for 30 days and observe the result

Consume food rich in iodine like;
    1. Pineapple
    2. Carrot
    3 Garlic
    4 Onion
    5 Oats
    6 Whole rice
    7 Lettuce
    8 Tomatoes
    9 Strawberry
    9 Guava
    10 Cucumber
    Please feel free to contact for any doubts
    God bless
    babu

6. NithuKannan

NithuKannan New IL'ite

Thank you for your reply, I will try the same and will back to you soon.

Thanks for your support

Regards
    NithuKannan

7. Habibi

Habibi New IL'ite

Dear Babu Sir,

Around a year and a half ago, I returned home after a very stressful year away from family on a residency abroad. During this time my lifestyle and diet was awful, and I came back home to find my hair had thinned at the front and crown drastically! My sister luckily knew about the method of using onions and for a few months I really did see an improvement...however the smell of onions means that in the UK it is hard to continue. Since then I have tried homemade Amla/Hibiscus and a host of other oils but haven't really seen any improvement...However I have diagnosed as a pitta individual and I am on a pitta pacifying diet at the moment. I've noticed that the reason onion worked so well is because my scalp actually has a slight infection of some sort, so cosmetic oils such as Amla haven't really improved it. My question is, will an oil made of boiled coconut oil with curry leaves and fenugreek work as a medicated oil to effectively remove this infection and give me back my thick curly hair? I will try onion again everyday or every other day if I really do have to.

Thank you,
    Habibi

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  8. Habibi

Habibi New IL'ite

Dear Babu Sir,

Also, I am sure that I am the pitta body type. Does regular ingestion of fenugreek/methi pacify or aggravate pitta? Someone told me to eat fenugreek with a glass of warm water morning and night to pacify pitta, but my grandmother always told me it is 'heaty'!

9. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Babu sir

I have been having sinus infection quite often now-last month and this month also.
    I have heard that Chyawanprash can improve the immunity and can prevent frequent colds from happening.
    What is the quantity to have this or could you suggest any other medicine for the immunity improvement.
    Thank you.

10. babu

babu Silver IL'ite

Hello geevee,

Chavana prasham - no doubt is a immune booster and can prevent from common colds and infections. Normal quatitiy is 1 table spoon after dinner followed by warm cow milk.

2. Amalaka arishtam - is also rich with amla and vitamin C can also give the protection from common infections like cough cold etc. the niyama is 10 ml arishta after breackfast and 5 ml after dinner every day.

3. Nasyam with "Anuthailam" 2 drops in each nostrils and inhale powerfully daily morning after brushing and cleaning the face will keep you young and protect all deceases above neck as per ayurveda:-

hope this will help.

kind regards,
    babu