Looking for home cooked south indian meals delivered

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by Shanvy, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Looking for pointers to any south indian vegetarians meals cateringd or delivery other than hotels. looking for some home cooked simple meals.

Even if somebody knows of a cook who can come and cook at home..

Area al-khuwair close to muscat bakery. .

2. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

If you come across with something, please let me know. I am desperately looking for a cook who can come on part time basis. If not, then next option is to go for meal caterers(not from hotels :( )

Thanks,

Soumya

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I am looking for one for my husband sowmya. he finds it difficult and has health issues, eating outside is the reason.

but part time cook could be costly. you need to check or you can post in oman forums, somebody is sure to respond.

long long ago we used to have these advertisement boards at khalijana, al-jadeeda and the safeer markets. not sure if they are still there in other stores..since khalijaana and al-jadeeda are not active much.

4. daffny

daffny Silver IL'ite

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

any body has any recos???. I know somebody once talked about a lady cooking in ruwi area, but the point is you have to pick up from her place and shuttling in this traffic everyday from alzaiba to ruwi will make you run the other way....

6. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

Shanvy, I have heard about a lady who will cook chappathi and curry and is selling. The only problem is that there is no home delivery. You need to go and buy. I guess, they are staying in Saud Bahwan Building near Sunny Supermarket. Let me know if you are interestd, I can get the details.

Soumya

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

looking at other options too soumya. i heard about this lady. we get the same option from sohar with home delivery. but quality has gone down in sohar and even sb and being pure vegetarian (he does not eat masalas or garlic).only chappathi and curry will become boring for dh. i have been asking him to cook and his timings and job stress don't give him the option. he cooks on the weekend.

do tell me if you come across some other leads.. so did you get a cook

8. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

Ya sure.. Will let you know..

I dropped the plan of getting a cook. Tried for some time, but couldn't get the right person. So, decided to continue punishing DH with my "Adjustment" cooking.. :Dideasmiley

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

bumping the thread again. a friend needs home cooked food delivered.. same south vegetarian..