1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

July 2014 Book Club-Girl from Fatehpur by Sarita Varma

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by PriyaSrini, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

July 2014 Book of the Month is...

girl-from-fatehpur.jpg

This month we will be reading the Girl from Fatehpur by Sarita Varma.

About the book

“I love you Rajan,” she had blurted out, hands clenched tightly at her sides.
    “Sana, you are only a kid…you will soon forget all this. Besides, don’t you also love Shahrukh Khan?”

A decade has gone by and Sanjana, now a highflying professional in Mumbai, thought she was over her childhood crush on the enigmatic Rajan. Back in her hometown Fatehpur for a family wedding, she bumps into him; he’s still enigmatic and the sparks are still there. Just when things begin to heat up, though, in walks Krish, a colleague from Mumbai, who seems to be very possessive of Sanjana…

In our attempt to make the IL Book club more exciting, we will be doing more than just reading...

Meet the Author!

Yes, talk to her, share with her your joy of reading her book. Author Sarita Varma will also participate in our book club discussions and answer member questions on the 28th and 29th of July! As we discuss the book, you can note questions for the author!

Win a Free Copy!

This book normally sells for $3.49 (~Rs.210). Because of our partnership with Indireads, they are giving FREE Copies of this book to 10 lucky IL'ites.

To win a free copy, respond to this thread and let us know
    why you should receive this free copy ? (note: silly reasons too are encouraged). To stand a chance, make your replies as interesting as possible. Send in your answers by 7th July. We will announce the winners on 8th July. [UPDATE - Winners Announced]

Get this Book 40% OFF

If you aren't one of the winner, fret not, coz the book will be available for everyone else for $1.99 (at steep 40% discount). [UPDATE - See how to get the discount]

You can read a excerpt of the book that is attached. (Download by clicking on the pdf file below)

Come on ILites, answer, win and Read...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    16 people like this.

2. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Tell us why we should give you a free ebook? ( Note: silly reasons too are encouraged)

Because I like freebies and enjoy reading free books more than purchased books. Most of the books I purchased are still fresh unopened. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
    5 people like this.
  3. PremalathaGadag

PremalathaGadag New IL'ite

I enjoy reading novels and reading free novels is like the icing on the cake for me.
    Thanks

2 people like this.
  4. sonalpallavi

sonalpallavi Bronze IL'ite

I should be given a free copy because apart from enjoying reading the book myself, I would also like to post a (honest opinion)review of it on this forum and my blog to help others to decide whether to pick this as the next read. In fact, I would love a free paperback more instead of ebook gigglingsmiley

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    4 people like this.
  5. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

I love reading books & this gives me a chance to read it home or while traveling. I hate leaving a book on a suspense note & this keeps me hooked to complete reading them. (E-books are really convenient and does not need to carried along all the time).

And who does not like freebies!!!!

Hoping to get one!!!:thumbsup

5 people like this.
  6. naliniravi

naliniravi Gold IL'ite

I love to read all kind of books. If it is free pdf form books I can download and read it anytime at office/traveling or at home. Moreover I need not store it where there is not much spece to keep all the books specially in the flats.

1 person likes this.
  7. karunamurty

karunamurty Bronze IL'ite

I truly believe that books are our best friends. Love to read books by Indian contemporary authors. They give a sense of belonging. Read good reviews about Girl from Fatehpur in the newspaper, so it has joined my ‘must read’ list. My opinion has been confirmed now, as it is the IL book of the month.
    Read the excerpt and anxious to read more. If I get the book as a free copy, not only will I read it but will also proudly lend it to my friends who are book lovers. Above all, a gift from IL is truly precious!

2 people like this.
  8. Chulbuli04

Chulbuli04 Silver IL'ite

why you should receive this free copy ? (note: silly reasons too are encouraged).

I would like to have the book coz i just love reading books of Indian authors. I feel a sense of nativity in their books. I just sometimes imagine in the character of the book as myself. This gives a me a great joy.
    And why free book, is free items are like gifts and i love getting gifts. Now a gift from IL is a matter of pride and honor.

1 person likes this.
  9. lampdeepa

lampdeepa Silver IL'ite

Helllllllllllooooooooo...

Nice to read lots of interesting and honest replies (I guess so).

Like most of you I am also waiting to read the book, Indireads only have ebooks. I understand what it is to read a paperback. I love them too.. but as many of you have told ebooks are more convenient.

I am so glad to see lots of new members responding.. Welcome to IL and I assure you to have a great time here

Regards,
    Lamp

3 people like this.
  10. lubna16

lubna16 Senior IL'ite

I would love to have this book because I am a BIG BIG bookworm. I don't buy books, I adopt them. I read, so that I can live more than one life, in more than one place. And specially reading books from Indian authors is like icing on the cake. You get to know our beautiful country by reading the book.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.