How many of you have 100% job-satisfaction???

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by chetavani50, Mar 29, 2013.

1. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    For those who peeped into the post after seeing the name of the thread , u r correct.
    I AM NOT AT ALL SATISFIED WITH MY JOB. I GET A LOT OF SALARY AND THE WORK I DO IS OF A DIFFERENT STREAM FROM WHAT I HAVE STUDIED. AND HERE ALSO I FACE A LOT OF DOWN-SIZED LOOKS THAT I AM A WOMAN AND I DON'T KNOW THE SUBJECT. I AM NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE INDEPENDENT DECISIONS. I just need to be just obedient and if i talk or say my opinion i am not sincere.
    Nooooooooooo.I can't quit my job.This is a govt. job. No targets.No pressures. No worries.And NO SATISFACTION.At first i felt that i am lucky to catch this opportunity but now after 11 years of service :eek:mg:i m vexed.No knowledge.No exposure.No career. My friends all have settled well abroad :hide: and when i call them i feel so low.
    Please help me how to cope with this situation.Any advices?? I just need some counselling (online) to change my mind-set.

2. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

Dear Chetvani50,

I am in exactly similar position. 13 years in this govt job with no target/worries, enough leaves (I really need them with 2 kids)and no satisfaction. No knowledge, no exposure and no career growth for women (not that i am very career oriented).
    In fact, just last month i was so mentally disturbed when my boss used to say," X has a two year old and your kids are 5&10. Still X stays late in office". (not to mention that X is male and sitting late doesnot qualify as good work).
    Thankfully I am being moved to a different section. This all definetely leads to no job satisfaction, in fact i have forgotten what job satisfaction means. I have attuned myself to the reality that i am working here so that i get leaves as and when i need to, decent salary and normal work.
    Comparing with others doesnot help, so let it be and try to see the pros of this job. I do and that helps me get through the day.

Regards,

P.S. my personal views only and no offence to anyone meant.

1 person likes this.
  3. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Dear YAH,
    Thanks for the reply.Tuning myself is the only solution i feel.

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hi Chetavani,
    I am not sure what is the real motivation behind starting this thread, but definitely job satisfaction is something that every employee should have. But we should have clear definition of job satisfaction right?From your post, You feel low when somebody from abroad calls you, do you feel abroad ppl have job satisfaction?
    Certainly not right, You are not satisfied because you are deviated from what your studied in books. But I think last 10-15 years majority of persons are exactly in your situation, thanks to IT revolution. Very good that you have a secured job. If you really have free time with no job satisfaction, probably you can start pursuing your hobbies where they left. Try to contribute in some non NGO near by your home, thats a contibution to society. Recently our organization has started such initiative and everybody must contribute to society building atleast 1 day in a year which counts a lot. We being 3+ lakhs employees, definitely contribute to a drop in an ocean.
    You can start some business, which can bring you exposure to other areas and gives some decent income aswell.

1 person likes this.
  5. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Op,

Dont look for 100% satisfaction as 100% perfection or absolute satisfaction doesn't exist in this world at all.

at the most 99.9 will be there.

Coming to jobs scenario I feel at least 50% job satisfaction is more than enough.

job and satisfaction are 2 different things and very few lucky people will have both as one.

May be to get JS (job satisfaction here on wards) one need to compromise on some trivial things like salary ,timings, job locations etc.

its Just my opinion and my answer to your question is

I have only 25% JS.

Thanks
    Anvitha

6. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

In any Job there will be something that you are not satisfied with. It could be $$, work environment, enough challenges for personal growth, time off etc.
    Its up to you if you want to quit and look for something else or find something on side which will give u satisfaction.
    all the best

1 person likes this.
  7. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

I'm 98% satisfied with my career and my job which wasn't the same story 5 years ago. Mine is in a creative field considered to be unconventional by most people (even discouraged by many people who had their own misperceptions). But I stuck to it, worked hard and persistent the past 10 years. I'd say it took 3 years to explore my options, 2 more years of struggle to stabilize but then everything after that slowly fell into place.

I'll say this:
    - It helps if your job is linked to things you are deeply passionate about and interested in
    - It helps if you're forgiving enough with yourself to explore new options, even if it takes you out of your comfort zone
    - Don't define success with instant gratification
    - The route that appears to be easiest also may come with tradeoffs
    - Try to find something you can own, influence or have the liberty to be creative in (this may even come in the form of side projects, personal projects, or even a business you start)
    - Try to find something that doesn't make you compromise your personal ethics
    - Document and note the things you do on a daily or weekly basis. Sometimes we forget how much we've grown or learned and this is a nice reminder. Hell, turn it into a portfolio!

You'll likely encounter challenges in trying to find something you love, but once you do, it's so worth it and deeply fulfilling. If you stick to it, allow yourself to improve, and enjoy it...the money will follow.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.