1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life without challenges and risk is not worth living

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jun 25, 2014.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Facing challenges and taking risks makes one's life adventurous and rewarding. You may feel that it is contrary to what you were brought up to believe.

“Don't take unnecessary risks. Get a secure job and stick to it. Stay safe. Make sure you avoid dangerous situations. Stick with what you know." This was the message given to us by our elders. In Brahmin community people always preferred to take a job and were afraid to take risk in business field. If everyone thinks like this there will be only stagnation in every field and no development. At the same time it is not advisable to be reckless and irresponsible, but to be cautious and take calculated risk.

Don't lose heart during adverse situations.

Women were branded as weaker sex and were confined at home. But now women are outshining men in each and every field for the brave ones wanted to face the challenges and take the risk.

Facing challenges starts from the womb. Foetal development takes place amid challenges due to many reasons. Even during birth also both the baby and the mother face challenges. When a child is born after great struggle a mother is also born.

Life without challenges will be dry and boring.

After marriage bowing to my m-i-l's wish I resigned my government job. Later when my third child was five year old I took a job again out of necessity in spite of my m-i-l telling me that I should not depend on her on any household work. I took it as a challenge and with much hardship I was able to manage.

“Happiness is not the absence of problems; it's the ability to deal with them.”
    Maraboli

“Embrace each challenge in your life as an opportunity for self-transformation.”
    Bernie S. Siegel

9 people like this.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear pushpa,

Very courageos of u to take upa job again.Yes life without challenges would be so boring eh !

Regards

kamal

3. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Hi Pushpa aunty,
    An excellent write-up :) Absolutely true..life without experiencing risk is indeed boring..hats off to you for taking up your job amidst all challenges..

4. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mam,

Very true words.Your snippet is too inspiring.

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Kamalji,
    Thank you for your appreciation. I was lucky to get he job when I badly needed it.
    PS

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Jasmine,
    Challenges in life do make us strong and we also gain experience.
    Thanks for dropping in and posting your fb,
    PS

1 person likes this.
  7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Ambika04,
    Thank you for your sweet words of appreciation.
    PS

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa Mami

You and mama are role model for us who have faced so many challenges in life and have brought up the children also well. We have to learn so much from both of you. In life we have to take up challenges and when it works out good we feel so happy

1 person likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Mrs Srinivasan:

Whether we seek risk or not, risk will call on us and it is our ability to mitigate the risk makes life of high quality.

Your success as a parent is transparent as we had a wonderful opportunity to interact with your son. He is busy nowadays and hence we don't get to interact with him. I am pretty sure you were successful in your career as well. Women contribute irrespective of whether they work or not. Their sacrifices for the family are invaluable and can't be measured.

Viswa

10. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear PS,
    yes, very rightly said. Though at that point of time, you may have faced so many problems. I have also realised many times we have to go against the tide and others wishes also, to achieve something. The quotable quotes given by you are really inspiring. Thanks for sharing:)