Pen is mightier than a Sword

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by iyerviji, Aug 7, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

A pen has so much importance in life. It brings two lovers closer with the love letters they write. It brings hatred between two people when they write unnecesary things and cause misunderstandig between two people.

We keep pens in a pen stand but when we need it , it wont be in the right place. Olden days Ball pen were not available, only ink pens but can be used for a long time. Students use them the most and also the writers.

But with the coming of Computers and Mobile phones more of e mails and sms is used to convey messages. They say with the handwriting of a person, the person's character can be guessed. Some write very well with the pen and some scribble with a pen.
    Some use only specific type of pens and dont like to part with it.
    Men usually keep in their pockets . For some ladies it is a must to carry the pen in their bags.

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Possibly this might be my fortunate tittle.
    Viji Ma! if you give 5 minutes time & choices like either talking or writting,I without second thought pick the second.Within that time limit instead of 50 words of speech.I can spell 100 words on paper.Am poor in converse and didn't meant to say expert in coding,but much better than.I love to expose myself as a ocassional writer.
    Pen have both prowess power of construction & destruction.Sharp odds are dangerous more than the swords & cuts more than rods or whips.Words are more powerful & effective than weapons.So many events are there where printed words changed the History.
    But I can say "The pen is mightier than the sword, but the tongue is mightier than them both put together."

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saroj

Good to know that you can write more words than speak, thats a good one. Rightly said tongue is more mightier than the two.
    There is a saying Words plus eggs should be handled with care for words once spoken and eggs once broken are the hardest things to repair. While talking and while writing we should be very careful not to hurt anyone.

love
    viji

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hello Viji ma'm

As far as my case goes, pen is surely mightier than sword or my speech. I might not be able to pen down like Yashikushi, but have always felt that I can express myself better when I write and I am a horrible conversation maker in person. I am forever amazed by the fact how feelings/emotions can transpire through words to the reader.

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    you are absolutely correct. We are producing so many words with our pen.

They persuade. They influence. They even forge smiles, dry tears, heal wounds and abolish fears. They have the power to bring joy and laughter in an otherwise cold and somber world. And of course, words can make you rich.
    But by the same token, words can also hurt.There is might in the sword, nobody can gain say this, but there is more might in the pen. The American Revolution of 1776 was the product of the writings of a host of political philosophers and statesmen. The very slogan of liberty, equality and pursuit of happiness raised in their writings by the American revolutionaries and almost the identical slogan liberty, equality and fraternity raised in the writings of French revolutionaries not only did much to change the history of these two countries, but also revolutionized the very thought and outlook of the people about the role of the state.All types of wars and battles emerge from misunderstandings which can be resolved by a powerful instrument of the writer’s pen. The concept of ‘One world’ becomes real and effective only through the words of a writer.

with love
    pad

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jayshree

Glad to have you here and thanks for the feedback. Thanks for sharing your views on the subject. God has given each one of us a gift. Some are good in writing where they can show their feelings and some are good in talking and express their feelings.

love
    viji

quote=knot2share;810126]Hello Viji ma'm

As far as my case goes, pen is surely mightier than sword or my speech. I might not be able to pen down like Yashikushi, but have always felt that I can express myself better when I write and I am a horrible conversation maker in person. I am forever amazed by the fact how feelings/emotions can transpire through words to the reader.[/quote]

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini

I was very happy to see your your fb. It is better than what I have written. You are a great writer Padmini and have knowledge of everything. Thank you for sharing your views. I agree with what you have written.

love
    viji

8. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely right.
    With a pen you can share more than you can verbally (my case).
    Didn't Mahatma Gandhi prove it right when he signed the Gandhi Irwin Pact - the ahimsa way. He took the pen to fight for independence and dropped the weapons down.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Ya Mahatma was a real Mahatma. We have to learn so much from him.

love
    viji

10. Vikramguliya

Vikramguliya New IL'ite

U have started the conversation in a nice manner