1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lazy DH..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by PersonalTaste, Jun 24, 2014.

1. PersonalTaste

PersonalTaste Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Please help me, I want to make my DH to do exercise or some physical activities.

About us, we are married for 3 years, having no kids. After 1 year of marriage, we checked with doctor for child, they highly suggest my husband to do exercise and walking along with medication for 1 month.

For the past 2 years, every day i insist him to do some physical activities, not only for kid, for his health also. But he is not doing till now. All day he says he is very tried to do exercise. He is in normal weight, but easily get tried after any work.

Whenever he is in home, he watch tv, surf in net or just sit/lay without doing anything.

Before days, i used to give him massage with pain reliever, hot water massage for his tried in the hope that he will be brisk for the next morning to do any exercise, but next morning he sleeps more than usual says that his body feels more relaxed. Thats it.. no exercise for that day also:bang

I even made him to join in gym, but he didnt go for it, says that he is so tried...

I m really vexed in life, because of his laziness.. along with this, all my relatives and neighbours started to suggesting for doctors and treatment for me to have kid, without knowing the cause for our problem.

Last time, when i went to my native, I was forced to take full checkup with doctor, (till date i avoided to do it because it will clearly say there is no problem with me for kid). I took the check up and the report clearly said i m normal to have kid. But my husband didnt took checkup, he says he is tried and feel feverish, so his report will not come as correct.

We even checked with doctor for his triedness, but again they suggest to do some exercise like walking..

Recently i made a thing which made me low of myself. I kept a blade in my hand, says if he didnt do exercise, i will cut myself. He did exercise for less than half an hour, and complain for next 3 days that his leg is paining because he did exercise on that day.. Really really vexed to my core of life..

Life is going as hell, no kid, my husband is not taking any step to have kid.
    Please help, what shall i do further?

2. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

In what way physical exercises are specifically related to a man's fertility, I don't know. Of course doing regular physical exercises are good for the overall health of any individual.

You have safely chosen not to mention whether normal physical intimacy required for pregnancy takes place or not. (Sometimes due to high stress, this may become not possible).

What specific disease they have diagnosed in him, which makes him infertile and what is that medication they have prescribed him for one month ? If you can furnish some details, then, you may get helpful information from members here.

That is really scary !:eek:mg:

You forced him to do physical exercises by threating suicide ? And he succumbed to that threat ?! :hide: Poor fellow !

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. PersonalTaste

Along with medication, doctors ask him to do atleast walking.. We are trying in natural way for kid, but no result..

till now he didnt took any test, only he do is consult with doctor (homeo sexologist ) , that too because i forced him..
    Doctor prescribed some vitamin and stamina tablets and along with it asked him to do exercise.. (i was not with him in consultation room, so i dont know, what he actually said to doctor) I asked him to take medical test, but he postponing it all the time. I couldnt understand what is his problem for taking the test?

Really i have no intention of suicide, i did that in the vex and anger. But you know, because i forced him to do it, he complains for next 3 days and didn't do even small work..

To tell truth, it is me :hide: Poor fellow !

2 people like this.
  4. neetugtb

neetugtb Silver IL'ite

Dear Personal taste, I can understand your cause. I know this is hard but try not to panic. Coaxing you husband won't help, rather would make him an escapist. Keep your cool and keep trying but do not let desperation get you.
    Make the environment light and make him understand the importance of getting his tests done without much ado about your tests being ok. The main thing to understand is that the biological clock of women below 30 is the safe period to conceive which is ticking away. If it is possible naturally, fine otherwise the other scientific techniques can be a rescue but everything will take its own time in bearing result, so now when 3 years have passed, the issue requires serious attention. Take him in confidence and make him comfortable that if any of you are having problem, you can both work it out and would mutually welcome the process for starting a family.
    Exercising is good for overall health but the more important point here is to conceive so rather than nagging or forcing your husband for workouts, let a merry mood prevail and both work out towards your goal. All the best!

5. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Possible !:)

6. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

hi ..if you cant get him to excersice... what you can do is modify his diet... create a diet with less carbohydrates and sugars, more protein & fibres etc.

my DH is as lazy as i am... we both are lazy for excersice but soon we realised tht we were being unhealthy... but cause of laziness we wouldnt excersice... so we made a diet change and reduced our excess weigths and back to being happily lazy hugsmiley

Also a suggestion the more u nag and force him to do... the more he will lose interest..... and scarying him with a blade on ur vein, its foolishnes-- u are inviting more trouble...---BIG NO

7. PersonalTaste

Thanks for the replies..

For the past 2 years, i waited for him, that he will understand and take measures for child.. but he take my patience as an advantage.. I didnt nag him, everyday i patiently remind him to do any physical activity, but he either continue his sleep, or just sit in chair ideally.

Good thing is till now he dont have sugar or bp.. Mostly we prepare balanced diet and we having no problem in it.

Past few days he is not even bent his hip to take anything in the floor, all things should be in table or in floor. He couldnot sit in the floor. These things made me more panic about him (Is these things normal for a person of age 31?)

Apart from age factor and other people's talk, i personally long to have child now.

Whenever i talked with him about his health or child, he will not fight back or show any anger.. he just accept whatever i said, the next day he forgot all and show his laziness as usual..Witsend

8. she2013

she2013 New IL'ite

Dear OP,
    Low levels of testosterone causes unusual tiredness and lack of energy in younger men.you can check testosterone levels of your husband to rule out that as a cause

1 person likes this.
  9. santhusen8

santhusen8 Junior IL'ite

weight gain and obesity itself can cause low testosterone among many reasons which might cause infertility , usual suggestion is to get him loose weight which your physician might have adviced and than recheck his blood levels for testosterone
    but tiredness and low grade fever has multiple reason , i guess he need to check on those, simple tests can determine if he has any medical conditions which require attention
    FYI few common conditions like anemia , thyroid problems , Obstructive sleep apnea ( if snoring , due to this condition he will wake up tired and tired all day and also doesn't feel like had a good night sleep , he might be snoring in the night)
    better check with your physicians for some of this conditions
    Well exercise will definitely help

1 person likes this.
  10. lubna16

lubna16 Senior IL'ite

Dear Personaltaste, its really sad to see your efforts to get your husband to exercise go in vain. But threatening with a blade was a very bad option. I think it will be a good idea to go to gym together. Even if he isn't interested in the beginning, ask him to just sit there while you exercise. Eventually, he will feel to join you. Don't ever force him or tell him to workout. I feel husbands usually think they are being ordered around when we keep telling them things to do. That makes them to go farther away from it.

How do you spend your weekends? Try engaging in interesting sports like cycling or swimming. Go for a picnic to the park n play a game of badminton. Or go to the beach n have a running race with your husband ( For fun) n let him win sumtyms. Instead of forcing him for a strict exercise routine, try out some fun events to do together. Plan a trip to a water park.

Appreciate your husband when he wears something new. He will feel nice n may think of improving his physique. Try to do something romantic n special for him at least twice every week. he wil feel loved and wanted. and whenever he is in a good mood to talk, tel him your feelings about having a baby. Ask him about his feelings. Discuss things through. Ask him what needs to be done to achieve that. Tell him that u love him every single day.

Best wishes.

1 person likes this.