1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade Natural Shampoo Recipes

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by mkranjani, Mar 9, 2011.

1. mkranjani

mkranjani Senior IL'ite

Homemade Natural Shampoo Recipe

How to make shampoo? The easiest natural shampoo recipe involves making a paste out of baking soda and water. You can use it in the same manner as you apply shampoo and rinse it. Of course, this mixture does not form lather like commercial sold shampoos. However, it will definitely result in a clean scalp and lustrous hair. For better results, determine the type of hair you have and proceed with selecting the useful ingredients. Following are some more natural shampoo recipes for you:

Natural Shampoo Recipe for Oily Hair

Ingredients
    • 12 drops eucalyptus essential oil
    • 12 drops sage essential oil
    • 12 drops cypress essential oil
    • 5 drops lavender essential oil
    • 3 ounces of liquid Castile soap [olive oil based soap]
    Directions for Preparation

In a clean mixing bowl, combine together all the essential oils:
    eucalyptus oil, sage oil, cypress oil and lavender oil. To this, stir in Castile soap and mix well. Store this homemade shampoo in an airtight container. You can use it in the regular way as you would use a shampoo. For any type of natural shampoo for oily hair, ensure that you add lavender essential oil as one of the ingredients. It helps reduce oil secretion by the sebaceous glands and soothe itching scalp problems.

Natural Shampoo Recipe for Dry Hair

Ingredients
    • 1/2 cup liquid Castile soap
    • 1/2 cup aloe vera gel
    • 2 teaspoons glycerin
    • 1/2 teaspoon light vegetable oil
    Directions for Preparation

In a clean mixing bowl, combine together the above listed shampoo ingredients:
    Castile liquid soap, aloe vera gel, glycerin and light vegetable oil. Using a wooden spatula, stir well the mixture, until blended into a smooth concoction. Fill shampoo into an container with a tight lid and store in room temperature condition. While using, shake shampoo and gently rub it on the scalp and hair. If time permits, leave like that for 25 minutes and rinse thoroughly.

As far as natural shampoo recipe for black hair is concerned, there is no ingredient specificity as such. However, to make the hair shine and lustrous, do not forget to add a few drops of vinegar or tea decotion in the ingredients. You can also use olive oil for moisturizing and smoothening black hair. Last but not the least, add fresh lemon juice to keep the scalp clean. For the remaining ingredients of homemade shampoo receipe for black hair, choose them according to your personal choice.

By trying out homemade natural shampoo recipe, you can ensure healthy hair thereby, avoiding exposure to harsh chemicals. Though it is not always possible to replace homemade shampoos for commercial versions, you can use them on an alternate basis. What is more, the cost of making this natural hair product is lesser than the commercial shampoos. <!-- From Natural Shampoo Recipe -->

2. Haritha81

Haritha81 New IL'ite

Thanks Rajani, Excellent post.... I read somewhere that castle soap is very drying .. I have never used castle soap, is it true

3. sonianichani

sonianichani New IL'ite

hi
    please tell me where can i buy castile liquid soap in bangalore. i need it to make the home made shampoo