1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dr,
    My son Aged 7yrs is diagonised with MIH syndrome.What is this? Can u tell me if there are any solutions
    NithyaAshok

2. sreehari81

sreehari81 New IL'ite

Hello
    My wife is suffering from gum bleeding for last 14 years ...she is 31 years old. she has a thick layer of blood formed on her teeth when she gets up every morning.her gums are always swollen. even if our 4 year old son s hand hit her cheeks by mistake she starts bleeding. we have tried n number of dentists in these 14 years.....she even underwent flat surgery (cleaning under the gums) 5 years back. when we visit a dentist ..tey clean up d teeth and give antibiotic...it gives her relief for couple days and again she starts to bleed,we have used all sorts of paste and gels...but no use....she s totally vexed...and i want her to come out this problem,,coz of this bleed stains her teeth colour is also changing.
    please she is suffering and kindly help

3. StrangerLady

StrangerLady Gold IL'ite

Hi Dr Preethi,

Jus yesterday i posted abt my 2 yr old teeth pbm in a new thread, jus now saw this thread, Dunno if i can post it here again, but in the best interest of my baby am posting it again
    • My two n half yr old fell down n broke her teeth last august, from then on the problems started for us, first we thought it is only milk teeth so there is nothing to worry, but wen she complained of pain we went to the Dr n she said the teeth is infected n there is no permanent solution for this, i.e they cannot do root canal at this age. They told they will not remove the teeth as well as it might hinder the growth her permanent teeth.

The problem now is the teeth is getting infected often n we r going to the Dr every week. The Dr says there is puss n treating my kid. Imagine the crying of my baby. Every week my child is undergoing the pain n there is no permanent soln for this.

What i really want to know is, is it true if the milk teeth is removed it will affect the growth of permanent teeth, or that without the milk teeth the permanent teeth if it grows will be crooked.

Regards
      Maha

4. smithajeevanp

smithajeevanp Senior IL'ite

Hi

I was having severe pain in the right upper wisdom tooth. i went to the dentist she told that i have to remove it through surgery and the surgeon was not available that day and she gave some antibiotics and painkillers. the pain has gone and due to some works i couldn't go there.three months back it broke but not completetly. two weeks back, the teeth started growing and it is coming out and it pushed a small portion of my gum out and it is hanging now.but there is no pain at all.kindly advice what to do.i am so scared.

5. kirti2014

kirti2014 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am new to indusladies forum, recently joined. i was just going through the pages and landed here... can you ask your husband about smile designing. my teeth are not in a line and they do not form a good smile... :( whenver i am out with frds or in office i am very much get conscious about smile. i can't freely laugh just give a smile so that my teeth are not seen...:(, i also enquired about braces but for that 4 teeth are removed to put a clip and also they dnt give surety in how much time your teeth will be alligned properly. can i get more detail information about smile designing and how much it costs around?? looking for a prompt reply... :)

Thanks n regards
    Kirti..:)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  6. ragapriyaa

ragapriyaa Silver IL'ite

Reply to post of sreehari81
    Sir, I had mild gum bleeding for a long time, but every dentist I saw could alleviate it only temporarily. My grand daughter accidentally hit me & I started bleeding heavily. As you have mentioned, antibiotics did stop it. But I have now been diagnosed with AUTO immune Thrombocytopenia , a disorder where the platelets are formed in the marrow, but gets destroyed by the immune system, as it perceives the cells as enemy cells. My present doctor says my dentist should have taken a complete blood count, as low platelets leads to bleeding. My case got complicated as I had a rare side effect of Yellow Fever Vaccine. I did not get dengue or malaria. My present doctor says that my platelets could have started decreasing before the vaccine, and the vaccine speeded it up. Does your wife get unexplained bruises on her hands or legs? Is she tired to the point of exhaustion throughout the day? Have you tried Vitamin K injections? Please talk with your family doctor. If you have found a remedy, pleasure let me know . I am at present on steroids. When the dose is high, my gums don't bleed. But when it is tapered, my gums start bleeding. In the meanwhile, try G32 to alleviate symptoms. Praying that you wife has a dental problem and not an immune disorder.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  7. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Velvizhi,

Its not about the toothbrush or toothpaste.. Its time to vist the Dentist.

8. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

It is called Molar Incisor Hypo mineralisation.. A kind of condition where 1 or 4 molars alongwith incisors can be hypo / less mineralised. Low mineralization can cause opacities on the teeth and makes it more susceptible to decay. Reasons could be repeated illness during childhood / infancy and poor developmental troubles. Kids with this need more visits to dentists as and when the molars develop.

9. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Your wife seems to be going through more than a regular gum problem. She must be having severe periodontal disease. Systemically her gums seem to be unhealthy. She needs to see by a periodontist and her blood count needs to be done. Certain systemic disease also shows severe gum issues as such. Please visit a periodontist and also get a blood work checked by your family physician.

10. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite