1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Just curious!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by RADIODOC679, Jun 19, 2014.

1. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Reading all posts here i am curious whether my case is unique/daily.I had written about my inlaws-blow hot blow cold attitude& their nasty Qs on my TTc etc..To addabout my irritating co-sil(BIL'sWife).My MIL& she get along like icecream& cone.Theirs was love marriage& she is only 1 month smaller than my BIL.So she has this habit of butttering people up all the time& my MIL could'nt escape it.Also she earns very well thanks to her parents who moved in with her after marriage& manage her household,kid.& her husband also.She rarely lifts a finger in her house except to maybe earn money.My MIL has sort of idolised her esp after she gave WARIS(according to them.Not tnat i care but i now remember small things.Everytime they bought something/some heirloom distribution-she would take whatever she wanted & leave the rest to us.My FIL was in good position before retirement,Whenver they used to get gifts-all best ones would be taken,by her highness& rest garbage to us.Once they got lots of jams as gifts-imagine they took orange,raspberry& left some dirty looking& equally .Again they receved some mixture items,She took the best ones & left some bad very salted ones .I also rejected them & told my MIL that too much salt is bad so please give it to your maid.Biggest joke of all times was when i opened my marriage presents after so many years-all were gifted to them by someone-old mixie,coffe maker-20years old,torn smelly carpet-Ofcourse smart lady selected gifts beforehand ,& took blender& nice grinder& refused the rest.My parents though not well off,bought everything first hand-godrej,bed etc...& now their latest pet peeve-my hubby's joblesness-My MIL stopped talking completely with my Dh& refused to come here as she says she cant see his sad face& will talk/come after he gets job only.Thankfully i am earning atleast for covering daily expenses else ......i have seen people writing physical torture etc..but mine is a unique case -anyways i have stopped even thinkng about dh family.Why waste time on useless things.Praying he gets a job soon& iget a baby soon.Thanks all for listening!!

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hello Radidoc,
    I got smile at your last sentences. Very well said, why to waste time on useless things. Just be brave on this difficult times and definitely you are much better position compared to others. Be positive!

2 people like this.
  3. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

thanks Priya_mommy.as they say in law of attraction where our intention is our energy goes-i intend to get job for my husband& become a mum .Why waste energy on anyone else.

2 people like this.
  4. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

You will be blessed with both of your wishes very soon. Also your post brought my memories of how we at our young age pick and choose the best and live the rest to younger ones. Childish fights, mean people, forget them of you will be more successful in life. When you get a chance show your generosity only then these people will realize the foolish act.
    A day will come await it, god will bless you with a little one and a job to your beloved husband.

5. neetugtb

neetugtb Silver IL'ite

Keep up the good work, girl! Live your own life, think positively. Let lord be with you! I want to share my thoughts. We hear about saints and disciples practising tapasya during ancient times to make gods hear them out. I have tried taking up kind of community service or a religious chores for some days for my specific calls and the lord does present many options. It also gives you strength to face troubles and peace of mind.

6. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Think positive. For now,focus on your current challenges. Give moral support to your H when he needs it the most (but do not let him get complacent. Support him and encourage him). Hang in there!

7. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Thanks to all of you.Yes these tough times are bad ,but they made me also realise that whatever happens i can take care of myself.Thanks really to all of my Indisisters(i tell my Dh you are all Indisisters)who soemtimes make me forget that i dont have a sister.Thanks to all again & again.Its because of your support i turned from utterly negative to soemwhat positive!!
    yes neetugtb i have started feeding birds-somehow as soon as i finish morning rituals,i give some food before i partake tea-its comforting.Also i carry bun/pav& give it to beggar at signals.And yes it does lighten up my day.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Just live your life! Do not give them so much of importance in your life! You should start thinking that your family is you, your husband and your side of the family! Do not gv them any control in your life! Your happiness is not derived by your in laws! When you do that what they do or think wud not matter to you! I am trying to applying the same in my life! I stray at times but then read the posts here of our strong indusladies n get back on track!

9. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

Your dh needs you the most now, stand beside him in every struggle, think that this is the pavement for your future. Days will change but deeds will be remembered. I pray may both your wishes come true soon.

10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Radio doc...love your positivity!!Keep it up...let her take the crappy stuff ,you have birds to feed and your life to live. Your husband is shunned by his mom...that must be tough. You be the strength he needs. With your positivity....you will get what you want. Best wishes and sunshine to you RD!!!

1 person likes this.