1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent help required - 2 month old baby bleeding

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Shal, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Dear friends,

This was PMed to me by a new member to our forum. All mothers please try and help her with your suggestions.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Hi Shal,

I am a new member of this forum.
    I found this site to be the best for women. I was going through the questions and the suggestions given by the members and glad to know that we get answers to all type of problems.

I live in Sunnyvale, US. I am mother of 2 months old baby boy. I too have some questions regarding my son but was not able to find how to place questions on the forum.

My son's belly button is still not dried. The cord ditached but still blood and mucus comes from the belly button. Silver nitrate was applied on his belly button but there was no relief. Doctor is recommending surgery in Stenford university. But I m affraid that there new students r going to evaluate my baby.
    Please can u sugest something for this or can send my question to the forum.

Thanks,
    Nirali

------------------------------------------------------

Nirali, I am not qualified or experienced enough to suggest anything to you on this, however, just by an educated guess, I would think one should consult two or three doctors (minimum) before making any decision. Yes, I have heard about Stanford allowing its House Surgeons (students) to evaluate and decide on patients' cases, however, they are not always right. One of them told my friend she had cancer and it turned out it was a simple 'corn' in her foot.

Nevertheless, do take your baby to doctor(s) immediately for due care.

Here's wishing your little angel speedy recovery! :)

Let me know if you need any help taking him to the doctor. I don't live very far away.

-Shal

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Right Shal,I think your suggestion is right on the mark.Nirali should consult other doctors as soon as possible.It is surprising that the belly button has not healed even after 2 months.Just to tell you my experience with my son-After he was born,he had physiological jaundice and was in the nursery under observation and phototherapy for a few days.During this time,that is on the 5th day after birth,when I took him to feed him,the cord accidentally got pulled away completely and blood started coming from the belly button.The nurse on duty immediately wiped away the blood and applied something there,I am not sure what.But the bleeding stopped immediately and the belly button healed in 2-3 days.

So,Nirali,please do not wait any longer.Please do consult other doctors.Wish your child a speedy recovery.

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Please check with other doctors and take care of your baby.
    I wonder how baby must be going thru the pain.

~Punitha

4. kvanjani

kvanjani New IL'ite

I hope the baby gets well soon. I would suggest you to consult some other doctor too.

One more thing I would like to tell you that if you breast feed your baby then it is better that you don't eat dhania powder or hara dhania in any form. It don't let the belly button heel.

Good Luck !

Kiran

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi nirali,

I would suggest you to go to a doctor at the first place. please dont follow any home remedies for this- a simple no.no.

I would suggest u keep the belly button clean. (dont be scared. babies that small are no aware of pain.)

Hoping that it dries off well.

will definitely tell my experience with my sons' belly, but only after i come to know that your baby has healed but from own experience, dont panic, keep ur baby clean, and consult a doctor.

6. pari_arun69

pari_arun69 Bronze IL'ite

hi my daughter was having little bit of the same problem within one week after delivary. I am from chennai and my peadiatrician gave vitamin k injection and she was allright please check with doctor and confirm.hope it will be useful and baby gets well soon.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  7. roopika

roopika New IL'ite

Hi,

Even i faced same problem with my daughter, it got dried after 1 month 20days.
    doctor prescribed some powder to apply after bath.