1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When did your LO get tooth?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by meeta shah, Jun 6, 2008.

1. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

Hi Moms
    Aarya (7 Months) is having two small white dots from last more than a month on her gums but they are not cutting through. And doesn't seem like going to come out soon. When did your LO got their first tooth?
    Does it make any difference in their eating style? Do they really chew from front teeth? Can they eat chapati/sabji only after teeth comes out?

Thanks
    Meeta

2. vidhya parani

vidhya parani Senior IL'ite

hi meeta,
    uma's tiny white dot itself appeared only when she was 13 mnths old and that first lower incisor came out 2 weeks after the dot appeared...but she started chewing food from much earlier...she used gums in the sides to mash most of her food...now, even after getting 6 front teeth, she hardly uses them to chew foods...only to take a bite out of banana, biscuits etc, she uses front teeth...

3. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hi Meeta,

Gaayathri developed her teeth when she was 11 months old! But people said that her teeth will grow when she was 6 months itself because she was trying to chew on anything she found. It took a month or so for her to grow the teeth in the front and they were not fully shown. But once it starts growing, slowly one by one appears.

For some children it grows fast, for some it grows slow. It could depend on the family too...like my nephew's grew around 11 months and my husband's nephew's too developed around that time.

Encourage the baby to chew more by giving biting biscuts, carrots, apples etc..solids can be introduced around 9 months so the baby doesnt choke. If you are giving chappathi, put little pieces on her plate and she can pick them up herself and eat it. They mostly chew with their gums and the front teeth to bite our fingers if you put it in!!!!

Rgds
    Poornima.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Aadhu got his first tooth at 7 and a half mnths. It took abt 2 weeks from when I could feel the tooth to when it cut through. He now has 4 front teeth and uses them to bite into biscuits, apples, the furniture, the highchair tray and my poor fingers! Babies can eat very well with their gums (as long as its not stuff which is very hard), so most foods can be given once they start chewing.

Vanathi.

5. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

So, When is a good time to start chapatti-sabji...I did give her piece of chapatti couple of days back and she swalloed and chocked.
    She can eat paratha shocked in milk, mashed dal-rice, hand mashed potato etc...but not sure when should I encourage her to eat roti-sabji...

Thanks
    Meeta

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

I guess you could start whenever you notice her chewing food well - ie. her jaws should be moving in a chewing motion and not just swallowing everything. Thats the way it worked with Aadhu - once he started chewing all his food ( as far as I remember that started around 7-8 mnths) he more or less stopped choking and I stopped worrying.

Vanathi.

7. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Big LaughYou crack me up!

Raj