1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for job in H4 status : Expert opinions needed

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by indira, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

Re: Starting work - H4 to H1B?

Vinitha

Yeah I agree with you..the job market is really bad..so after getting H1 sittingat home would be more trouble than being on H4 . if on H1 and no job we still have to pay taxes.so good choice..:)

Priya

I dont think if she got her H4 stamped and came into USA and now she got her H1B approval she can apply for SSN and start working without getting visa stamped. She needs stamping only if she wants to go out of USA and enter back into US. hope this info helps..

2. jayashreerajan

jayashreerajan New IL'ite

Hi sam,

It is nothing, just look for their contact in the net and call them and let them know that you are interested in volunteering.

They will speak to you regarding your areas of interests for volunteering and your timings.Then you can start off.

All the best.

Jayashree

3. golda

golda New IL'ite

One query please

Hi ,

I have applied for H1 and still waiting.Meanwhile if I dont get H1 How can I work?..we'll be applying for green card if that is the case I can work only when I get EAD.Eventhough it takes years Is there a probability that I can work in software field after I get EAD?.. ..I do have only one yr experience in India...Anybody faced situation like that..Please reply..I want to know..

4. Anusree

Anusree New IL'ite

Pleaaaaaase help

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out on whom/where to contact for voluntary services or other job stuff that H4 are eligible for...I am desperately in need of a job..

Thanks in advance...

5. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Re: Pleaaaaaase help

You can not work on H4 visa,Period.

For suggestions regarding voluntary work based on H4 visa we already have a thread on that.Please check either USA forum or somewhere i dont remember exactly now,it is even starred.There have been many discussions on this matter and u can find everything in that thread.

Regards,
    suji

6. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Re: One query please

I just understand this line only from your query
    "I can work in software field after I get EAD?"

and the Answer is YES.

Now, give me the clear picture of your status
    What is your current status? (H4??)
    When are you applying/applied for GC?
    What is your EAD status?
    When do you want to start working?

7. golda

golda New IL'ite

Sorry for not being clear in the question.Hi I am in H4 status now. I didnt' get selected in H1 2008 lottery.My hubby will be applying green card next month. I had one year experience in software.As i dont get h1 this time I cant work right now..So If I apply for green card I dont know how long will it take for EAD to come . If EAD takes another 4 to 5 yrs to come.what is the possibility for me to work again in the software field?????(already 4 to 5 yrs gone)..Plz reply..

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

hi,

i can understand ur situation. even one of my relative has faced the same. Green card processing is not done that quick, there are so many levels or stages for the completion. At at a particular level you will be given the work permit. So after getting the EID you ca join any concern even a software concern without doubt.

I have heard people without no experience and with such a long break after college days have joined in many concerns. Ofcourse experience do counts, still you need not worry, brush up well in your field, update yourselves to the current track.

All the best.

9. Freebird

Freebird New IL'ite

Hello Ladies....

I m a new member here and found this very interesting whr everyone shares each others experiences.I gt married recently and since thn striving very hard to find out ways to keep gng wid dis H4 visa.I want to work as bck in India i hd a stable career n a good job.And nw here i m finding very difficult to sit ideally at home.thought of pursuing futher studies bt dunno hw its gng to work...hey ladies 'll u plz suggest me somethng tht cn b dne i wan to work bt i dunno wht type of jobs are available for H4 visa status....need some suggestions.

Freebird...

10. golda

golda New IL'ite

Hi cindhuja,

Thanks for the reply..