Rhesus Negative Blood Group in Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sonu_627, Feb 10, 2006.

1. GayathriSundar

GayathriSundar Senior IL'ite

Re: RH Factor O negative Blood group

Hi Ampu,
    I did not experience any side-effects when I was given Rhogam (the injection for rh negative factor). I had to take this in the 28th week and after the delivery. My son's blood was tested soon after delivery and since he was O+, I had to take the shot again the day after delivery. I have A- blood group.

The shot might be given in the side of your tummy just above the hip or on your behind. This is how I got the shot before the delivery but after the delivery it was in my upper arm. I was rather surprised at this.

I do not believe you need to worry about being O-. Please discuss your concerns with your Ob-Gyn. Unless you have an emergency C section with complications you should be fine with O- blood.

Regards
    Gayathri

2. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi Friend,

I am also O Negative & I too had Rhogam injection for both the pregnancies of mine.
    Absolutely no side effect & I had normal & safe delivery. So, do follow your doctor’s advice. Relax & enjoy your pregnancy!

3. ampu

ampu New IL'ite

Thank you very much for the messages Gayatri and Anushiv. I was a bit tensed to take the injection and was thiking about my blood group as its O negative.

Till now my gynec says everything is fine with me and my baby so hope everything will go well till end ....waiting for my sweet little pie into this world.

-Ampu

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  4. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Re: How the RH factor affects child birth!

Dear Asha,

Thank you once again for your prompt and detailed explanation.. I did go thru the entire for my son but I wasnt this nervous.. I used to pray and go ahead with everything.

But off late, i have been seeing sooo many dyselexic and autistic kids and otherwise affected kids and also there is sooo much talk going on about the same subject in Oprah Winfrey and movies etc... this is worrying me.. If a scan can reveal all the mental and physical development of the child.. What is the problem? especially, developed countries like US are facing this problems too..

I will take your advice and relax and go ahead but this query has been troubling me a lot..

Thanks for your patience!
    Cheers!
    Sylvia

5. vin32001

vin32001 New IL'ite

How does Rh Factor affects child birth

Hi,

My blood group is AB-ive and my husbands blood group is O+ive. How does this affect child birth? Will there be possibility of child and if so will that be normal and healthy?

6. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Re: How does Rh Factor affects child birth

Hi
    If your group is negative & your hubby's postive there is half & half chance of child being positive and then it happens that some small amount of baby blood crosses the placnetal barries and mother react to that in form of making antibodies .Later on these antibodies crosses the placental barrier and react with baby blood & may damage it. This is called snsitization may not occuar in first pregnancy but in subsequent pregnancies baby may have jaundice, haemmrhage (bleeding ) or may be still birth or abortions. But all these were in past when people were not aware now nothing to worry You wud be given a shoot of Anti RH injection by your gynaec within 6 hours of birth & everything wud be alright.
    First born doesnot suffer as there wud be no previous sensitization and then you wud be given the injection to prevent the sucessive pregnancies.
    Best of luck

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Re: How the RH factor affects child birth!

Dear Sylvia,
    I am B -ve and my husband is A1+. Son is B+. I got the Anti D injection soon after delivery. My son was born ont he 7th month itself and had lots of problems. Now he is out of them and doing well.
    I would suggest that you donot worry about- if you will get a deasble child- and things like that. Be positive always. Whatever should happen will happen, nobody cn stop that. All the best!

8. madison

madison New IL'ite

Pregnancy doubts on Rh-ve

my sisters husband has a b-ve blood group and she has a b+ve group.will there be any trouble in getting pregnancy to her

9. sweet_jindagi

sweet_jindagi New IL'ite

re: Pregnancy doubts on Rh-ve

no dear... this is not going to be a hurdle in pregnancy... as my sister(+ve) and her husband(-ve) is in same condition and she got pregnant after one month of marriage and now a mother of a healthy baby boy...

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Pregnancy doubts on Rh-ve

Hi Madison,

Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. You can read the forum guidelines here...
    Rh-ve & Rh+ve is not a problem. Just ask your sister to consult her gynec. Things can be solved easily.