1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Menu ideas for 17 month with Food allergies (Dairy, Egg, Peanuts, Treenuts)

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by GayathriSundar, May 30, 2008.

1. GayathriSundar

GayathriSundar Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I need your help in making food for my 17 month old son who goes to day care.

Here are the facts -
    1. He is allergic to Dairy (no milk, ghee, yogurt, etc), Egg, Peanuts and Treenuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, etc). The day care is peanut free.
    2. He is expected to feed himself in the daycare, so the food has to be finger-food.
    3. We are vegetarians.

Currently, I have been giving idli or dosa for breakfast, adai/pesarattu or aaloo-parantha for lunch. The day-care ladies will break these into small pieces for him. The day care provides fruits and veggies. I also send mixed soy formula for his mid-morning bottle.

In the evening I feed him dal-chawal (rice with lentils) - hoping that will meet his protein requirements and some veggies.

I am looking for more ideas for his breakfast and lunch.

All your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
    Gayathri

2. GayathriSundar

I was hoping to receive a few replies....

Maybe this topic has already been discussed (though I did search the threads before creating a new thread).

Anyway, thanks to all those who dropped in to take a look... maybe you will post some interesting ideas for me later.

Regards
    Gayathri

3. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I posted a recipe for Muffin with Flax as replacer.I will try to find that thread .

In the mean-time I have few suggestions.You can try preparing using egg replacers .
    Are you giving rice milk/Soy milk ?

Thanks
    mangai

4. GayathriSundar

Hi Mangai,
    Thank you for your input. I have not yet tried egg replacers. I am wary of commercial food products as they might be manufactured in a facility that processes nuts.
    Please do send me the muffin recipe. I will search for it too. I am interested in making all food for my son from scratch.

I am currently giving my son Soy-based formula. I will be shifting him to soy milk in a couple of months. I have read that rice milk does not have the same amount of nutrients as cow's milk or soy milk.

Regards
    Gayathri

5. dallascw

dallascw Senior IL'ite

Hey Gayathri,
    I have a 9 month old with milk protein allergy and suspected wheat and egg allergy ( done a RAST test, awaiting result).. I have posted some recipies under the food for 7-9 month thread which can be modified for toddlers ( without pureeing)..hope they help you get some ideas.

6. GayathriSundar

Hi Dallascw,

Thank you for the input. I am going to check out the recipes you have given. I hope your son outgrows his allergies... it is very difficult managing food allergies in infants and toddlers.

Regards
    Gayathri