Daughter Planning to Enroll in Frederick Alexandria University.ERLANGEN,GERMANY

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by jsrivenkat, Jun 3, 2014.

1. jsrivenkat

jsrivenkat Silver IL'ite

Hello friends,
    I have searched enough in the websites and our own IL for rental accomdation in Erlangen or close place to The University.
    Since only one week time is given to register permanent address on arrival with the authorities and hostel accomodation is not considered as i understand,will i get help from and guidance in this forum?
    I am worried about this finding rental flats.Daughter plans to leave in first week of sep 2014.Two years MS programme.

2. Chitra29

Chitra29 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jayashree
    Congrats! I am very happy to note that your DD is going to pursue MS in Germany.
    Has she got hostel accomodation over there? Then what is the problem?
    The room allotment letter will be there isn't it? She can produce that.

My DD is completing her MS this year from TU Darmstadt.

Search fb page of that Univ or student community of that univ.
    It may help you to find one.
    All the Best.
    Regards.
    chitra

1 person likes this.
  3. jsrivenkat

jsrivenkat Silver IL'ite

Hello Chitra,
    Thanks for the reply and wishes.I was haunted by the one week registration.But on proper searc it is 90 days!Relief.Her paper work and letter of admit should be in hand by july end.Toefl is ready,transcripts applied from college awaited in 10 days time.Her application is sent by june middle.....i guess the cubes are falling in place.
    I suppose then the hostel letter will also be received making things easy for Aparna.[DD]All the web sites scared me in regard to rentals.With new friends there she/they together will search.
    Medical policy to be taken here or there In Germany?Please guide.
    Take Care,will be in contact.Wishing your daughter more academics in the future.

1 person likes this.
  4. Chitra29

Chitra29 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jayashree,
    Relax! Yes we also went through all these problems. Nothing to worry!! All will fall in line in due course.
    Take travel cum health insurance from here for minimum number of days. Say, from the date of travelling to 15 days or so...
    Then after registering in her college/univ she has to take insurance there in Germany.
    Seniors or student counsel will be there to assist new students.
    She will learn to live on her own there.
    By the way what course she is going to take up for MS?
    Wishing you All the best and of course your DD also.
    Sure! I am always there to respond.
    Thank you.
    Regards.
    chitra

5. jsrivenkat

jsrivenkat Silver IL'ite

Hello Chitra,
    Thanks for the reply.Just saw the mails......little under the weather.I hope so and so it will.Aparna is planning MS Physics.I will keep you posted on all updates.Thanks so much for being there.

6. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi jsrivenkat, i agree with Chitra, she can take insurance here in germany itself. Like bank account she will open here itself too. Did you both already contacted the seniors or student office? There should be an office for foreign students too, they will inorm precisely about the procedure and what has t be done exactly. Is she already in germany? Im glad she already found some friends she can do everything together with as it always feels great to have nice company when abroad. I wish your daughter all the best and good luck and success with her studies.

1 person likes this.
  7. jsrivenkat

jsrivenkat Silver IL'ite

Hello Red Ruby,
    Ah.....IL friend from Germany.It feels very close home when a reply comes from the country itself.IL Chithra did give me feedback and waiting for the response from the University applied.Will keep you posted on the progress .Many Thanks for the Best wishes!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.