Query on Glycomet

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by august2006, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Blood test on set of hormones, scan will help you to know about PCOS in you.

2. abhiadi

abhiadi New IL'ite

pcos: issue with glycomet

Hi All,

I am 28 yrs old and married for 1.5 yrs. I was diagnosed with PCOS 4 yrs back and took regular treatment for that..took diane 35 for almost 2yrs. I followed the doc advice and reduced my wt too. Now my weight is correct..hv been able to maintain the same for past 3.5yrs (55 kgs and i'm 5'4") but still hv issues like occasional acne and hair growth on face & body.I hv stopped all medications 6 months prior to my marriage as advised by doc. ..so its been 2 yrs i am off diane 35. i get my periods in 35-45 days w/o medication.i follow a healthy diet and exercise too.now i want to conceive..have shown to a gynaec in nov and underwent hormone blood test too. the levels were slightly elevated and testerone levels were very high otherwise hb was good.she adviced me Glycomet sr 500 twice daily. but feeling like nausea,stomach cramps and weakness too...don't feel like eating and appetite has reduced. pls advice me.

thanks in advance

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Re: pcos: issue with glycomet

Those are typical side effects of metformin. It takes ur body sometime to get used to the meds. Try taking 1 tablet a day instead of 2 for some time. Eat less fatty/oily food as well. More salads, protein. Less carbs and fats. And take a daily walk for 20 minutes.

4. abhiadi

abhiadi New IL'ite

Thanks Happysoul1234. As told by you, i had started with 1 tablet initially for 1 month and now increased to 2 (as prescribed by doc).even with 1 tablet i used to hv feeling of nausea and cramps..

5. abhiadi

abhiadi New IL'ite

has anyone experienced similar situation when on glycomet sr?i spoke with my gynaec and she says these are not due to hte medicine..me feeling very scared..kindly advise

6. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Hi Abhi,

How much mg are u taking? I am on Glycomet(500mg) I started off with one tablet at night for 10 days and now am on 2 tablets a day, mrng and night.,...Initially i had this problem of nausea and stomach pain...Even now occasionally i feel nauseous and stomach pain also is a frequent one....But then how long have u been using the tablet? My dad is a doctor and he tells me that Metformin will take time to get used to the body...Make sure that u avoid all oily and fatty items...And dont keep thinking about the tablet...Keep urself engaged in some work..

7. bellatrix

bellatrix Silver IL'ite

hi
    I have been taking glycomet 500 mg morning and night and i have this nauseaus feeling mostly after dinner....

My doc said its due to the medicine. so dont worry. start with one tablet and gradually increase....

Hope this helps.

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Abhiadi,
    Welcome here. :)
    Even i used to have those symptoms when i start the tablet after the break. It will slowly reduce with time. Stop worrying. Its quite common! Just have some fruits whenever you feel hunger or feeling tired. Relax.
    Take care of your health. Eat healthy.
    Baby dust to you.

9. abhiadi

abhiadi New IL'ite

Thanks ais_1982,bellatrix,vasumathy.I'm taking 500mg twice daily. Initially i started with 500mg. Now the symptoms are more prominent.as of now i hv stopped for past 2 days..now i'm not feeling any of the symptoms.

10. Padmaja2013

Padmaja2013 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am married 2.5yrs and TTC section. As i have PCOD and Hypo Thyroid i checked with one of the Gynecologist. She prescribed me the Glycomet-850mgSR along with Folic Acid. But after i had used the Glycomet 850mg for 20 days continuously i got the period after months. But the problem is still i can finding the bleeding little bit on 14 day also. I consulted gynecologist again she advised me to use Pause 500 for 4 days but still i can find the little bit bleeding.

Please suggest me how can get rid of this ? is this a normal behavior or did anyone come across of this kind of situation ? Please throw some light on this issue.

Thanks