should i go for a roti maker

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by sibani221, May 23, 2014.

1. sibani221

sibani221 Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

Last week i came across a teleshopping channel in tv, there i saw the demo of Roti maker.Andi found it very interesting n easy , so decided to buy it, as everyday i find it(Roti making) a very difficult task.
    But Before buying i wanted the review of this Roti maker.
    if Any one has personal experience, please share, will it be helpful/easier in roti making as compared to the traditional way.

if yes, which brand i should go for and how i can use it for better performance.

2. sibani221

sibani221 Silver IL'ite

Hello All,
    Waiting for your suggestions.

Regards,
    Sibani

3. sindhumanoj

sindhumanoj Senior IL'ite

Hi Sibani,
    My mom had bought one more than a year back from an exhibition. She said that the rotis made during the demos were nice .But she was unable to get the same output.
    A friend of mine also bought one and had a similar experience. She was saying that probably the consistency of the dough is important!!! Both their rotis makers are hibernating in the shelf.
    I am not discouraging you, just sharing my experience. Buy a branded one from the Brand's showroom. Ask them for a demo and get some tips from them if you are really particular on buying one. Have you checked out on reviews about the product on the net?

1 person likes this.
  4. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

I just saw them in advertisements but never tried one out. The one for the rotimatic made me really wanna buy that one too....but i certainly feel insecure about the outcome in quality terms...

5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

My friend got one two years ago and she still cant get her rotis right in the roti maker. Instead she makes excellent hand-rolled and tawa cooked rotis now.

She feels that the rotis have a raw taste when made in the roti maker. Also it takes a very long time to get heated and perhaps the reason could be the heating also.

6. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

For roti maker to work well-the dough has to be moist& super super super soft-else it will roll out papads-my experience& also the demo guy told me-Since its easier to hand knead& had roll it i am using roti maker for dosa,omlettes-zero oil& very nicely done.Also kneading atta gives all muscles of hand a good & best exercise which no gym can do.Plus roti maker consumes lot of electricity-3pin so u cant use it easily!!Hope this helps!!!

7. sibani221

sibani221 Silver IL'ite

A lot of Thanks to all of you for saving my money.....I also searched the review in net,98% review is same as given by u guys.
    now i will not go for it :)

8. Dreamer

Dreamer Silver IL'ite

Isn't there something available to knead the dough? That would be good!

9. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

i use roti maker to make pani puri puries. and it makes great. I just roll the dough and press it i the roti maker and then fry them. It comes out great whole round shape. Have been using it for years for this purpose.

Tried roti's earlier but it does not come out well.

Have been hearing about rotomatic and waiting to see how it performs.

10. SubhaSundar

SubhaSundar New IL'ite

Hi sibani221,
    I had a branded roti maker years back...Didnot use it more than couple of times...tried all methods to prepare good rotis in it....it came out in a very bad shape...Now it's in our store room cupboard.... feeling bad to even give it to someone as it's going to be of no use to them...