Muscat--Indian Schools Admissions

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by ManjulaPed, Dec 6, 2013.

1. ManjulaPed

ManjulaPed New IL'ite

Hi,

I am from Hyderabad, India and will be moving to Muscat in April 2014 after my child's academic session ends. She is in 7th standard, ICSE curriculum but I am planning to admit her in one of the Indian Schools CBSE ( I am not sure if there are any ICSE schools in Muscat). Which Indian Schools are the best? Please can anyone guide me on the admission process. Is it possible to get admission for 8th? My husband moved to Muscat in September 2013 and stays at Ghubra.

2. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Try Indian School Ghubra. My son is in Indian school Muscat and though the school has a good reputation we are not satisfied. Indian school Ghubra has good results and has cbse along with the international curriculum. Plus if ur hubby's office is in Ghubra it will be convenient for you.

3. ManjulaPed

ManjulaPed New IL'ite

Thank you @parvathi1980. We have applied online but I am not sure when the results of the draw will be announced. We were told we need to go by the vacancy position, and only ISWK has vacancies for 8th standard, so I think we do not have any choice :(

4. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

@ Manjula

Welcome to Muscat...

5. ManjulaPed

ManjulaPed New IL'ite

@VaniVyas

Thanks a bunch. I can feel the anxiety melting away....:)

6. Prasannasunil

Prasannasunil New IL'ite

Hello manjula,

this is lakshmi, I had 6 yrs kid, need to admit him in 1st std, my husband will be moving to Muscat in a week. His office is in azaiba, which place will be convenient for my kids school and office. Also can u please let me know how will be admissions in school is that difficult getting seat for my kids.

thank you
    lakshmi

7. ManjulaPed

ManjulaPed New IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,
    The online registration process for admission into Indian Schools in Muscat is underway and the first draw is already out. They will be taking in the new set of registrations on April 1 for the second draw. Luckily, you need to apply online and only one application is necessary for all Indian Schools in Muscat. Allottment will be done based on vacancies and the preference given by us in the application form. I am told 4600 students had applied and they have cleared admissions for 3000 in the first draw. I do not know the the locale at all since I am in Hyderabad and am sorry I cannot advise you about that, but admissions are very difficult and there is lots of competition. Please check the Board of Directors for Indian Schools in Oman website (Board of Directors Indian Schools, Sultanate of Oman) for full details. The registration for I std opens on April 1.

Best wishes,
    Manjula

8. Prasannasunil

Prasannasunil New IL'ite

Thank you manjula garu
    my husband moved to muscat last week,he is in process of finding house and admission for my son.
    so I hope you might have got admission in the school for your daughter.

once again thank you

do you have any idea of how the indian community over there. Do we need to bring any specific things from here .

thank you

9. ManjulaPed

ManjulaPed New IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,
    Sorry I have not been able to log in as I was busy with my move to Muscat.

Yes, my daughter has secured admission, in Indian School Muscat (ISM).

The Indian community here seems quite big. We have just completed a month in Muscat. We are residing in Darsait, within walkable distance to my daughter's school.

I hope you have found a residence and moved to Muscat by now. Do let me know where you reside.

Thanks, Manjula

10. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

hello prasanna
    I am yamuna was in muscat for quiet long years and now in banglore, muscat is such a wonderful place for a family to lead a happy life, indian community is very big, you need not worry.
    regarding the things everything is available right from utensil, groceries .. only clothing is expensive (for ladies) only that you need to carry

1 person likes this.