1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Traveler

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 26, 2014.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I was standing on top of the running deck located in the roof of Carnival Freedom (ship) breathing fresh air watching the dolphins dance in the Mediterranean Sea. At a distance, I could see the beautiful Italian Coast on one side and the beautiful mountain ranges of Cecily on the other side. The breath-taking nature’s beauties made me live in the present moment for a fairly long period of time. I was in perfect harmony with the ambiance I was experiencing and I wanted to melt into an invisible being remaining in that serene setting forever. But my flesh and blood demanded me to go for dinner downstairs.

I went on a walking tour of Pompeii in the world’s best historic city of Rome. The guide was explaining how the lava from Vesuvius destroyed the most modern city built couple of thousands years ago. The people in that city delved in elitism and dreamt of becoming the world leaders in civilization. They built one of the most modern cities of that millennium to become beacon for the entire humanity. Their dreams were destroyed by the sheer power of nature in an hour’s time. The whole city was buried under the ashes emitted from Vesuvius in no time without giving any chance to this new civilization. When I visualized this sequence of events, I delved deep into the past and wanted to know more about their civilization. But my guide brought me into the present moment by informing the departure of the bus.

I was sitting on the back to the future simulator in the Universal Studios in Orlando experiencing the ride with my family. The time machine went ahead to the future explaining the changes in technologies that would revolutionize the world. Transmission happens directly from one human head to another with no need to communicate verbally. The language is no longer a barrier in the world. I remained in that setting for a while and wanted to experience it more and more. My family brought me back to real life asking me to leave on time so that we can drive back home.

We discuss so much about the wonders in the world but we have a tool located right inside of us that has no national or international travel borders and travel at a speed of light from one thought to another. When we dream, it beats the limitations of time and space and takes us to places within seconds and we experience interaction with people who lived in two different times in one conversation. It experiences the past, present and future in a few hours and could be in two different continents in a flash. I believe this traveler is telling us something we need to hear carefully.

No matter how comfortable we are in this world or how much we suffer at a given time, it is constantly telling that everything is transient and will pass quickly. It is also reminding us that we are not at home and we are a traveler for all practical purposes even if we feel at home. By taking control of this vehicle, we can travel to any destination we like, we can communicate effectively and make our lives worth living. With this vehicle, we can explore this world the way we want or travel inside of us penetrating the sheaths to explore the wholeness of our being. We can try to understand that the principle behind each form is one and the same and each existing form is part of the whole. We can use this vehicle to unlock the being that exist as an observer or act on its own independently to explore the nature thinking it is stand-alone entity. When we see the beauty of the moon, we fail to remember that the light that we see in it is a reflection of the light coming from the sun. The best thing to do is to use this vehicle to unlock the power that remains as an observer and bow to its command. Let it be the traveler using the power of the vehicle to take us to the right destination. All we need to do is to enjoy the ride.

8 people like this.

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswamitra,

Yes, our body is a tool to explore many things...right from simple things to "to know thyself". So, we have to take care of it also.
    It is also true that it is a kaelidioscope with many kinds of experiences, some good some bad, some joyful and some sorrowful, some worth learning and some worth ignoring and let things go. It all depends on how we deal with and we view life. There are always dualities also in us (not the philosophical dualities but in day to day life as you mentioned). So, life to me is between birth and death...birth we know but death we do not know when and how it happens to ourselves or how it happened to our near and dear ones. If we make present life worthy...learning, unlearning (you once wrote about unlearning) introspection and if possible to unlock the hidden powers, if any to know about ourself or about the universe in which we live.
    Yes, we should enjoy our ride and listen to the inner voice when it guides.
    Some years back I read a book in Telugu "Idi oka panthasala" (this world is like a traveller's place where they stop for night while travelling. The writer's name is also Syamala...not me.
    A good thought provoking one.

Syamala

2 people like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear Syamala,

Thank you for your first response. The scriptures indicate that Out of the two birds, one eats the fruit while the other one is observing. It is Jeeva that enjoys the worldly pleasure while Atma observes. If we believe we are the body, our journey starts and ends in the mortal world. If we believe we are the Atma, we become a traveler beyond this mortal world.

Let us make this body a vehicle that could be used by the divinity in us to ride smoothly towards the destination. Let the five senses become the five horses, the body becomes a radam, let the mind becomes the reins and the intellect becomes the hands that hold the reins. Let us take the divine spark in us safely to the destination. Let us remove all the huddles to make the journey comfortable.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  4. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear viswa,

The Human body and the Human Mind are ,Undoubtedly, the most complex , most magical machines ever created. Yet, while we exult in the products/ideas they can create, we hardly spend anytime wondering about them, their dynamism and capabilities.
    Awesome Technologies invented by the Mind can only be a pointer to its vast potential . What can it not achieve if the journey is directed inwards !

2 people like this.
  5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vishwa,

Very true, we need to enjoy the ride. look at modi, he is enjoying hsi ride, from a tea seller, to the prime minister , i am sure the ride was rought and tough, but he enjoyed it.

Yes life is but a dream, and a journey, and one day we have to vacate the stage, all is but a dream, but a good dream eh !

Regards

kamal

2 people like this.
  6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,
    Very nice snippet.Nice imagination of transmission happening from one head to the other.
    A lift is provided with voice recognizing machine with no buttons. You have to simply say the number of the floor you want to reach. The lift takes you there.

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial] [/FONT][/SIZE]Enjoy!!!...
    This is what technology will do to us humans... very soon...

CLICK--SPEAKERS ON

Voice recognition lift- eleven - Captioned | Dotsub

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Manju,

You are so right. The body and mind are great role models how to coexist and function harmoniously. Their functions are better than Six Sigma quality management. Packaging, development, maintenance and support are all need to be learned from here. Transportation techniques can be developed from human body as much as communication and technology. Environmental policies can be also learned.

Viswa

8. Viswamitra

Dear Kamalji,

Thank you you for dropping in. Modi proved that by keep doing what is right, one can conquer. Doing everything with the end goal in mind will make life happier. Every moment should be enjoyed as though that was the last moment. If we sync our thoughts, words and deeds, the quality of life gets better.

Viswa

9. Viswamitra

Dear Mrs Jayasala,

thank you you for the link and I could not control my laughter for a long time.

Viswa

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

Read this a couple of times and am not sure why I find it very hard to come up with a response even though I understand what you are saying. As much as we know that we are travelers, it really is not that easy to simply enjoy the journey :hide: It certainly can be acquired but .... that mind I tell you sir not just the past or the future but can go places and take us on paths we might have never known. I am sure it can travel faster than the light or sound and many a time I delight in just sitting down and counting the thoughts that pass my mind and it never ceases to amaze me. I am not sure when I can really experience thoughtlessness for just a couple of minutes!

1 person likes this.