1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Undertanding Husband needed!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by positivewoman, May 22, 2014.

1. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Well said... many folks who does needs to have self esteem to start with..

1 person likes this.
  2. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

I understand your point but its bit harsh i feel. i guess she wasnt too long married that point and no one really likes to start fights with ILs in beginning by refusing things, still I know she shud have done it for a better standing but I understand she didnt and wont blame her, anywhays its done and over.
    I wud just try to learn from it from future and dont give in so easy for family-peace sake.

1 person likes this.
  3. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

I really think if Indian couples need to be happy, they need to grow up before their get married- cut those umbilical cord clearly. Men need to be men and women need to women- both strong and with a sense of self worth and dignity- first for self.

I think God that my parents never taught me to be subservient to anyone. Why are all women so willing to be such martyrs? Why do they leave their parents out of their life but allow their husband's to be third wheel in their marriage?

What really amazes me is the advice here by other women to settle in life. What kind of man will take back the gift he gave his wife to re-gift to his parents?

1 person likes this.
  4. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

The title of the thread is quiet misleading. I think the moderators should change it to a sensible one otherwise poor OP is going to become the laughingstock here!

Well positivegirl, as far as him buying gifts for his sister is concerned, all I can say is buy as many gifts as you want for your siblings as well.....maybe that will set the score right.

Him asking you to give your mobile to his parents as a gift was a a bit immature and insensitive on his part especially since it was gifted to you by your parents.

But another reason could be that he now considers you as a part of him, and probably he was pressurised by his parents into buying a new phone for them, and since he couldn't afford one, he with a heavy heart asked you to give away yours to them.So he is now probably more comfortable and open with you than even his parents.

But he should have also thought of your feelings, the best thing would be to confront him on this.

5. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

If I were you, I would deal with ILs directly. Even when your husband says 'let us give them a gift', ask that person directly if he\she really wanted it and give it directly...
    Take charge and make sure that a time comes, where any kind like this should go to you first and then to your husband.

Husbands...sometimes I feel are obligated to some duties(even though they dislike it..but never tell it out)..so, take up his responsibility slowly and you will feel much better.

6. positivewoman

positivewoman New IL'ite

hI .
    Thanks for the suggestion .It means a lot to me .I understand I should have have stood up for myself , but the problem is after our initial misunderstandings to make peace I dint bring up any problems ,I feel intimidated by my DH whille discussing problems as I think he gets angry and says he is unhappy b what I do.I know Ihave to be strong But to be able to balance the happy times and speak out when having problems is so difficult.I dont want to be a pushover,but neither want to create problems inmy marital life .What should I do Isit like thisonly in arranged marriages. ???

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Most of all...shame on the in laws who would accept a phone gifted to their dil by their son.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. positivewoman

positivewoman New IL'ite

Hi,
    I understand what u say but we were married for just 1 year,somaking a big issue dint seeem like a good idea. But As you say next timeIho be smartand prevent him from acting oversmart .!!

9. positivewoman

positivewoman New IL'ite

Thanks alot RR you totally understood me !!I cudnt have made a big deal about it and eVEN NOW I am not sure how to bring up issues which I have a problem with and discuss it with him as my DH gets irritated and says I am making controversies He gets upset and sulks and doesnt speak to me.In the process he'l speak to his friends and family , ( not talking about me ,but generally speaking ) That will distance him more from me insint it !!.I get emotional and feel he doesnt understand me and hence I cry.!! How do you guys communicate to you DH your point .

10. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

You are actually in the right path by ignoring some of his traits....every one of us is possessive about parents and siblings,not as much as a typical Indian men thou, they are possessive out of ego...anyways just be you, keep talking openly and don't learn to play the dirty game..

It takes time but he will learn to trust you as much as he does his parents and sis. If not then you shod be ready to accept him(its frustrating,but is there any alternative?). None of us have the exact matches...we have to overlook the gaps...AND SO MUST YOU MEN,:rant