what type of food is safe for pregent

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by archanapeyyala, Apr 25, 2008.

1. archanapeyyala

archanapeyyala New IL'ite

HI everybody.
    please give me some suggestions what food is safe for pregent ..because i got two times abotion some people telling that ( vatama ) uterus getting irreation for taking some food thaths why dont take some food thaths why iam asking..i dont know uterus get any irreations is it true...now iam planing for pregency plz give my ur valuable suggetions
    thanks to all

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

From what I have been told, avoid papayas, pineapple, bitter-gourd (karela). Consume lots of protein like milk, paneer, eggs, cheese, dry fruits, nuts and non-veg if you eat it to help nourish the fetus.

3. mallugal

mallugal Senior IL'ite

Hi archana,

Me too had an abortion first...later had a successful pregnancy.Cuz of the first experience i was very careful whn i got pregnant again.

My doctor asked me to take folic acid 3 months before getting pregnant.Folic acid will help in the initial development of ur baby.

Even i stayed away frm papaya and pineapple. I used to eat lots of pomegranate...my MIL says it very good for our uterus. Thn u have to eat lota of veggies ...if u like fish..try to eat it.Very good for baby.

4. Rinu

Rinu New IL'ite

Hi,

Did you went to doctor after you had miscarraige ? It may not be due to food and due to someother reason also. So, pls consult your doctor and have check up. Coming to the food, Don't eat Pappaya,Pineapple and also food prepared with Sesame seeds. Start taking folic acid supplement everyday.
    All the best !

-Rinu.

5. Angel0205

Angel0205 New IL'ite

hi Archana,
    I miscarried in my first pregnancy and after my d&c and pathology testing it came out that I had some iron deficiency. Consult your gyn. for the pathology test report. She will tell you the reason.
    Have folic acid supplement like prenate elite, vitafol these are precscription pills or ask your ob-gyn. for better supplements. Have more dals, milk, fruits, yogurt, nuts and veggies.
    Avoid papaya, pineapple and don't eat new things when you're not aware of the ingredients.

I'm at my 14th week of pregnancy, doc recommended me all above things.