1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Coping with current separation with much difficulty

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Angeli132, May 21, 2014.

1. Angeli132

Angeli132 New IL'ite

My husband left us, my 8 yr old daughter and nearly 2 yr old son for a younger, beautiful single mum who works in his organisation. 13 years of marriage yesterday. I have confused feelings...anger, jealousy and sadness.

I am totally depressed but managing to work and raise my kids.

Is there any advice of how to cope with the confused feelings? How do I move on? How do I forget?

Please help.

2. MrsBV

MrsBV Gold IL'ite

what an a**? hugs girl! first step talk to your lawyer please and file for a divorce.. also i hope you are financially stable to take care of yourself and the kids?

3. positivegal

positivegal Gold IL'ite

Hugs to you dear, I can very well understand your pain dear.

onething, I can say is BE STRONG.

Please take care of yourself and kids !!

4. kanthtx

kanthtx Gold IL'ite

be strong ... take care of yourself and ur kids.. do reach out to ur friends and family for support... try moving forward...

5. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Hi, this is really bad. He left you 3 for another woman,shame on him. Be strong ! move on! Life is still sweet you have your children. Look after them. Forget all things about him ,throw away all his belongings. He did not care for you why should you? Take care of yourself and your little ones.

6. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

hugs dear!! i deeply feel for you and your kids....

First, what is the confusion you have in your mind?? What are you confused about??
    I understand, you feel anger, jealousy and sadness, which is expected.

You feel anger for him and that girl, which is quite natural. Feel it and do whatever you feel like doing to take it out. Cut his best shirt or break some gift given by her, or throw away his things, whatever makes you calm. Just take it out. Make sure to take it out on materials not on people or kids or yourself.

Second you feel jealousy. Yes, that's right. That shows you still have some love left for your hubby. And you have spent 13 years with him, you know him much better than that girl, you know what he likes and and what he doesn't like, what are his strengths and what are his weaknesses, what makes him happy and what irritates him. Use that to your advantage. So far you have devoted your life to take care of your family, take care of your kid's needs and your husband's needs, and never bothered to spend time on yourself. Now he is gone, so you need not take care of his needs, which means you have some surplus time in your hands... That's good news!!! :) Use it lady!! Don't waste it by being sad and crying for a person who never thought about you or his own kids and looked back. Use it to have some picnic with your kids, go out, enjoy the nature, just sit on the green grass and do nothing(whatever you had longed to do, wherever you wanted to go), how you have never been able to do all these things. Take it positively, use this time as a break, from stress and problems. This will make you relaxed and strong and will calm you down. Once you are calmer, take care of your looks, groom yourself, not for anyone, just for yourself. That will make you happy, and add to your self confidence. Make yourself as desirable to him as you can(you know all he wants in a lady), and never let him come close to you(don't give in easily). Spend happy times with family and friends(if people ask, tell them(even your kids), that your hubby is too busy with work to join you guys). Make sure to send pictures of these happy times to your hubby. Do add some snap of yours, where you look great(you know what he likes ;-) ) with your kids. Let him also feel the jealousy.

You feel sadness.... what for?? Who is missing out on all the fun and unconditional love from your kids here?? he or you??? if you want you can certainly feel sad for him though. After all you are his wife!! :)

Be happy lady. You have all the best things in the world, your kids, who will give your unconditional love(minus some burden), unlike your husband, who needs something or the other in return...correct?? And hang in there smartly and gracefully. This guy will come back one day drooling after you.

6 people like this.
  7. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

the one who cheats on his/her spouse will be cheated one day...

2 people like this.
  8. rathiprasad

rathiprasad Silver IL'ite

Dear Anjeli
    I can understand the pain and confusion you are going through which is normal when there is such disruption in your life. What has happened can affect you self-esteem and it is important that you take care of yourself first. You have to be selfish and redefine the boundary of your life around yourself, not your kids or anybody. Look into yourself always and ensure you are happy and confident of what you are doing. You have not done anything wrong. You are a beautiful person and deserve everything in life.
    Keep that in mind and it will be easier to move forward. Always move forward. Never let yourself to think of the past. Plan and look towards the future.

2 people like this.
  9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Hugs to you dear.
    Take support and help of family and friends during this tough times. Use this time to make yourself more independent and confident. That loser left a beautiful family...it is his loss.You make your life beautiful without him.

Find a lawyer and file for maintenance and child support. Thirteen years is a long time. Make him pay for those years.

Do his parents and the rest of his family know? Let them know and tell them to help you in bringing up your children .Take help from your parents ,siblings and friends. If you are not working...send word out to friends and family to help you look out for one and help with the kids .

Best wishes to you and your kids.

P.s....don't ever trust him with your life and heart again.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

@OP...
    its hard to forget.. 13 years is not a short time..
    what you need is creative distractions.. get a career, focus on kids...