1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What should i say-urgent help plsss

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by swapna135, May 20, 2014.

1. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

I second Yellowmango given your circumstances. Why does the responsibility have to devolve to you when there are family members with whom they have a better rapport ?

2. swapna135

swapna135 Senior IL'ite

its only the tactics of getting me back to the home, without my husbands ego being hurted or he not being regretting or feeling sorry for what he has done. they just want to prove him right. thats the reason all this tactics. and also secondly its also for the reason to blame me that see even when the mil was ill she ignored and never turned up to look after her. and other thing is daughter(sil) is in another city, elder dil(my cosis)is also in another city so they are getting her admitted here to escape saying that i am closeby and look after her, whereas they stay far.
    my mil is a pension nite and my sil takes all money from her and also she always says watever is mothers, its sil who will have to own. and my cosis is my mil's brother's daughter(own relation) but when it comes to responsibility of taking care they want to make me a scape goat.... what a logic with tis people.

3. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Let ur sil and co sil take care of her.. Let your hubby comes to you.

4. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

I would also say no as since ur partner did so mch wrong to u then its needed attention on that matter first then the MIL case.. there could be many other family members and let them handle it ..

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

If I were you, I wouldn't have even visited that woman in the hospital. Yes, I had done the same when my problems were not resolved in the past. Call me cold hearted person, but frankly I don't know how to act. If there is no pure love, but just the heart full of hatred, why bother to pay a visit.

Now that you have visited them. They have no mercy on you. They have expected more from you instead of being nice with you. If you serve them, by losing your job, patience and everything, they would still expect more from you. But they would never drop a pin to give you some peace.

2 people like this.
  6. Yatin

Yatin New IL'ite

Hi:
    I think there are only two imp. points here.
    1. Your Husband: Do you really feel like continuing relation with him irrespective of the issue involved because it is he you are going to spend rest of your life with.
    2. Your Career: How important is your career to you? You can move with them and hire a maid or nurse to take care of your MIL but eventually things are will take toll on your career as well. Your husband's attitude towards your career also matters a lot.

Suggestion: If you think that you want to continue living with your husband and relation can be given some more time, please do it particularly if they let you pursue your career also.
    Ask them expectations from you given your new situation (new job). Tell them you have career obligations that you won't like to compromise with while you will do whatever you can to help your MIL / family. They will have to hire a help / nurse to take care of your MIL.
    If you think that your husband is really very nice, then you may have to make compromise with your career.

Separation / divorce etc. don't always have to be a bad experience. Parting ways can also be done in a dignified and peaceful manner.

Remember you can never be held responsible or there is no need to feel guilty if you communicate your position clearly enough.
    Bottom line is that whether they want you back as a respectable member of their family or just a substitute for a nurse or maid to take care of the MIL.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Dear op...also please remember that their need for you right now is temporary. Your mil is losing her toe...she will get better soon. They may not need you after that.Think about this before you take any decision.

3 people like this.
  8. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Swapna..you already seem to be aware that its nothing but tactics (manipulation) to get you back to their home and also to make you take care of your mil. As many others have suggested why you, when others are in better terms with her. Her sons and DD need to work it out among themselves. It is not your responsibility or duty. They do not have any rights to even ask you to help your mil after the way they have ill treated you. Wake up, be strong and say no. Don't let their shouts/tears fool you. Don't mind if they try to make you feel guilty for saying no. You do what is right for you and your child without giving a thought about them.

9. kitty89

kitty89 Silver IL'ite

Dear Swapna Sister

Be brave.

I wish to re-iterate a point which I have been telling in almost all the relationship posts. Divorce is not a dirty word.

Is your situation now in your parents place better than being divorced?
    Your husband doesn't even have the courtesy to get up and talk to you when you visit his mom. How can anyone ask you to live with him?

He doesn't deserve any mercy. It would be really nice of you to ask you SIL, BIL and Co-sis to get out of your house. Their mother has been abusive towards you and you have no reason to forgive her. Her son himself is not bothered to come and beg you to patch up, what importance does the visit of these people play in improving your relationship??

Just give a damn about your MILs health and just move on. Concentrate on your job and be successful in career.

Sorry if I hurt you.

10. swapna135

swapna135 Senior IL'ite

thanks for your response yatin.... while considering my career i can never compromise on the career part becos no ways my husband is nice and supportive to me in those terms. he always has a fidelity issues over me... already i have sacrificed enough and enough craving for his true love and affection which i never got... he has lot of ego, since he is less educated than me... he has more and more of inferiority, i tried sacrificing my jobs earlier but never got any financial support from him. he has zero respect for me. he feels that he is a man so i am supposed to do what he says and wishes. his anger outbursts are just disastrous. he has gone to the extent of abusing my mother as well and hitting me black and blue several time for which i have pics and medical slips. 9 years of my marriage i have seen him always putting me down, making me feel weak, and make me responsible for all the fights that has happend, never takes any initiative in resolving an issue and reuniting and when i do it he takes it for granted and says u go like and dog and come back like a dog. donno wr u had gone for all these months. he has directly asked my ex-boss my wife doesnot satify me may be she is enjoying with u and coming..... how much more should i take and wait for him to change....