1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whinning

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Isis, May 10, 2014.

1. Isis

Isis New IL'ite

I dont have friends because of bad childhood, alcoholic father, frustrated mother and relatives cold and distant and my parents werent social they didnt allow me to keep friends

hubby is busy with career and son isnt close to me.

i feel extremely lonely without friends i can keep myself occupied with hobby but i need someone to talk with also.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Next time you meet your neighbor...strike up a conversation and invite her for tea.
    If you see a group of people around your place,park ...walk up to them and introduce yourself.
    Join some neighborhood hobby classes so that you can make friends and continue meeting outside of class.
    Call your husband's colleagues home for dinner with families.

3. Isis

Isis New IL'ite

thanks yellowmango,

I tired all those things and it fails miserably because people can make out the difference, the lack of confidence, the shyness etc it intrigues them.
    The colony i live in is 80% empty and 20% occupied and people here arent friendly since they work for a particular bank and my hubby isnt working for that bank but he is working for private organisation
    introducing to people is fine but getting included is doubtful. i had joined a meditation class but .........again
    my hubby's colleagues dont come though we call them
    they say that your wife is different she doesnt smile, she is too quite

4. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

If your hubby's friends are talking you aren't smiling ,then pretend ! Put a big fake smile on your face talk to them.

5. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

What you need is some group activity.. join some communication or english speaking classes... its not that your english is bad, what you lack is social skills.

Try talking in front of the mirror.. imagine yourself as an news reporter, choose a topic, talk non-stop for 3 mins, slowly increase it to 10...

1 person likes this.
  6. Yatin

Yatin New IL'ite

Hi:
    Looks like you have very poor opinion of yourself. You focus too much on your past and blame it for your present condition. We all get opportunities to connect and make friends all the time.
    You can try to find people who share the same hobbies you have. As someone else advised, you may also join some hobby / learning classes where you get to interact with other people. There are lot of opportunities for social work (visiting orphanages, old age homes, helping street kids etc.) and during all these activities, I'm sure you'll meet a lot of like minded and interesting people who you can be friends with.
    Don't be bogged down too much by your past.
    Please remember most of it depends on you. Cheer up! Life has interesting surprises for all of us. Good luck.

7. Sweetgirl123

Sweetgirl123 Silver IL'ite

Forget about yourself and self doubts. Most people don't really care about you as in the real you, they care about how that person makes them feel. Smiling, putting people at ease, make them feel welcome and confortable , listening to their stuff, being interested their stuff, that stuff they like. If you have a dissenting opinion don't be too blunt but instead sugar coat it.
    Honestly, it's not about you.