Social Visit Pass, Employment pass, PR criteria of Singapore

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by sonu_627, Jan 31, 2006.

1. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Can anyone discuss the information regarding PR formalities and criteria for Singapore???

I would like this question to all the PR holders in Singapore.Can anyone suggest something for this???

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006

2. Jaldeep

Jaldeep New IL'ite

PR Criteria

The Government has just announced that they are going to make the PR process more transparent by having a web site where the eligibilty criteria would be listed and you can check your scores against the criteria . The web site should be up soon. There are also proposed changes wherein your employ ment pass is not tied to your present employer but will have a validity of five years.The details are expected soon.

3. divyadutta

divyadutta Guest

Info regarding LTSVP

Hello Ladies,

I am a new member to Indus ladies and have a few questions regarding LTSVP.

I am working in an Indian Company and my Singapore EP has been approved and would be travelling to Singapore within a month. I have a 15 month old daughter.
    My husband's assignment in Singapore is not yet confirmed.

My parents look after my daughter in India and am planning to get them with me to Singapore so that my daughter does not face any problems.

I have read on the net that P pass holders can apply for LTSVP for their parents.
    Here are my questions.

Do we have to apply for LTSVP from India or Singapore?
    Does my employer have to authorize the application?
    If it can be applied in India, like EP will they also get an approval letter and have to come and collect the pass in Singapore.
    If it needs to be done in Singapore, do they have to enter Singapore with an entry visa and then apply for LTSVP there?
    What are the general procedures for LTSVP?
    Are there any chances of rejections?

I know its a lot of questions, but moving to a new country alone with a small kid is intimidating and want to have clarity before I travel.

Any help from you guys is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Divya

4. snhanp

snhanp New IL'ite

Re: Info regarding LTSVP

Hi Divya,

We recently became PR and have my MIL in LTSVP. Before bcuming PR we had her on LTSVP as well thru my Hubby's company.

- Yes, you have to apply from Singapore and if you are a P pass holder your company should apply for your parents' LTSVP.
    - You wud receive an approval letter just like your EP approval letter.
    - You can bring your parents here first on SVP(SVP normally given for 15days to 1month initially and then can be extended to 3 months) and then once the approval letter comes you can go ahead show the same to MOM and get their LTSVP.
    Or alternatively ur parents can have Visa to SGP and show the approval letter to ICA authority while entering Singapore, the ICA wud give for some 15days entry for ur parents and u can get the LTSVP from MOM within those 15 days jus like u got ur EP.

5. divyadutta

divyadutta Guest

Thank you so much for your reply!!

I will get in touch with the visa office in my company to find out if they can apply for LTSVP for my parents right away so that they can travel with me without any hassles.

6. anithakarthik

anithakarthik New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I need some information abt LTSVP. Actually my MIL is here in SVP at present. She is in extension.She will be here till August. Before that we want to apply LTSVP for her. We are PR. Can anybody give me details regarding this and i want to know Howlong she can stay here in LTSVP. Wht r the documents to be submitted.

7. divyadutta

divyadutta Guest

Hi,

I got the LTSVP approval letter for my parents today!! :thumbsup
    I am travelling to Singapore (with EP) next weekend, i.e., on 14th June with my daughter and parents.

Here is the procedure that I followed for LTSVP for my parents.

For LTSVP, the EP holder's employer needs to authorize the application. So I approached the Visa office in my Company and they said that they would do it for me. I don't think you can apply by yourself for LTSVP. This limitiation is for definitely there for EP holders, I am not sure about PR holders though.

I had to submit a copy of my parents' passport (first and last two pages), give the details needed to fill the LTSVP form, and a copy of my birth certificate showing mine and my parents' name. The Visa office applied for LTSVP via EP online on Wednesday(4th June) and I got the approval letters today (6th June)

Once I am in Singapore I am supposed to submit the approval letters for my EP, my daughter's DP and my parents' LTSVP and the other necessary documents at office so that they can collect all our passes.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Divya

P.S: Any house hunting tips are most welcome. My workplace is in CBD. Would like the commute time to be 30-45 mins.

8. svrlax

svrlax Senior IL'ite

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  9. anuusri

anuusri New IL'ite

e-Visa – An Easy Way to Obtain a Visa

e-Visa – An Easy Way to Obtain a Visa

Travelling to Singapore will be more convenient for visitors from certain visa-required countries starting from 26 August 2008, when the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) introduces a new visa facilitative measure, known as “e-Visa”.
    ‘e’-xisting procedure
    2. Currently, a foreigner from a visa-required country intending to travel to Singapore needs to submit his visa application through his local contact or our trusted partners in Singapore using our online facility, “SAVE” (Submission of Application for Visa Electronically).
    3. Upon successful submission of the visa application through SAVE, the local contact will print a copy of the application form and send to the applicant for signature. The application form, duly signed by the applicant and his local contact, will be submitted to ICA together with a copy of the applicant’s passport biodata page.
    4. After the visa application is approved, the local contact or trusted partner will proceed to collect the physical visa sticker at the ICA Building. The visa sticker will then be sent to the applicant before he embarks on his trip to Singapore.
    ‘e’ is for electronic, ‘e’ is for easy
    5. With the introduction of e-Visa, foreign nationals from the countries listed in Annex A will no longer be issued with the physical visas. Instead, the sticker visa will be replaced by an electronic visa (see sample of new e-visa below). Local contacts or trusted partners will continue to submit visa applications via the user-friendly SAVE system.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

e-Visa Existing Visas
    XNo need to make a trip to ICA Building
    6. The local contact or trusted partner can print the electronic visa through SAVE at their convenience so long as they have access to a PC, printer and internet connection set up. Local contact no longer needs to submit the application form and supporting document to ICA. There is also no need for the local contact or trusted partner to make a trip to ICA Building physically for the collection of the visa.
    X No hassle
    7. The SAVE system comes with a “Status Enquiry” function to enable the local contact or the applicant to check on the status of the visa application online. It also allows the printing of the e-Visa through this user-friendly function in a few simple steps.
    X No more worries of lost or damaged visa stickers
    8. With the electronic visa, local contacts/trusted partners no longer have to send the application forms or physical visas to the applicants. Applicants also need not worry about lost or damaged visa stickers, as the local contact/ trusted partner can print multiple copies of the e-Visa when required.
    ‘e’ is for extra savings
    9. The most tangible benefit to the users of the e-Visa is the savings they will enjoy as they no longer need to incur additional costs to send application forms or to courier documents or visa stickers. In addition, the local contacts/trusted partners will be able to enjoy the savings from transportation costs as they no longer need to make any trip down to ICA Building. As the e-Visa allows individual applicant to print the visa online, this will translate to an estimated annual saving of $800,000 to the government.
    ‘e’-ligibility
    10. Nationals from the countries listed at Annex A are eligible for e-Visa. The eligible applicants must have a local contact who is a Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident or representative of a Singapore-registered corporation. The local contact will need to have a valid SingPass account to submit the visa application online via SAVE. ICA will continue to evaluate our visa requirements and will consider extending this e-nitiative to more visa required counties in future.
    ‘e’ is for enhanced service

Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
    25 August 2008
    ANNEX A
    List of visa required nationals eligible to use e-Visa
    (1) Commonwealth of Independent States+ (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan)
    (2) India*
    (3) Myanmar*
    (4) People’s Republic of China+ (PRC)
    (5) Holders of Hong Kong Document of Identity
    (6) Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit
    *Holders of Diplomatic, Official and Service passports are exempted from visa requirements.
    +Holders of Diplomatic, Official, Service and Public Affairs passports are exempted from visa requirements for a stay of up to 30 days.
    (This information is correct as of 25 August 2008)
    For latest update on our visa requirements, please refer to ICA website: http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.<WBR>aspx?pageid=96&secid=94

10. sumividya

sumividya Bronze IL'ite

visa & pr details

Hi all,
    i am getting married in december, my fiance is a engineer & working in singapore on company visa,he is not a PR holder.
    he said that he will be taking me to sg after marriage. he said that he has seen house etc.,
    he also said , that i will be on dependent visa.
    1. i heard from one of my friend , that only PR holders can deliver babies there , & other ladies not PR ones, should leave sg if , they become pregnant.IS IT TRUE?
    2. if i join a job there , then i will be out of dependent visa , & getting a company visa , then at this point what will be the position for me ? can i be able to go thro the delivery procedure or else i have to return back to india ?
    3. my fiance said , that if we together apply for PR , then we will get it soon , is it true ? pls give details regarding that .
    pls , answer me.