bringing maa vilaku to temple. queries

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by shantana, May 16, 2014.

1. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

Dear all,
    I have made maa vilaku to bring to temple during 2nd chitrapournami that day.
    My co-sis's maid who is from india told her that we must bring 2 maa vilaku to temple. and ask the gurukal to do neiveidhyam before litting up the lamps.
    And the first lamp which was lit up some be brought home and eat by the family members and second lamp lit was to be given to others at the temple.

so planned to follow the procedure but the gurukal asked me to lit up the both lamps before doing archanai. since it was lit up i cudnt ask gurukal to do neiveidhyam. the gurukal kept the lamps inside the temple near amman's feet and the light was still one when i wanted to leave. i asked the gurukal is it ok for us to go back without the lamps as the light is still on. he said can leave it and go.
    so went back without the lamps.

can u all please tell me what is the procedures to bring maa vilaku to temple?
    can we also make and keep maa vilaku at home during special occasion like adi velli or for navaratri?

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Shantana,

Sairam, Glad you had prepared MaaVilakku for Goddess on Chitra Pournami day and got blessed lighting lamps to MAA.

Lighting MaaVilakku is as good as Neivedyam, so there is no separate ritual for that, I hope you would have used Ghee for that, Yes taking it as Prasad is good if you would have preplanned with less Ghee and distributed for devotees in the temple and taken for people at home too.

Even now the Maavilakku would have been distributed by the Pandit after the lamp dozed off, so nothing to worry, it has been accepted by MAA.

Next time (recently Aadi Velli) you can prepare again and follow or even light them at home, enjoy the brightly lit lamp in your Pooja Mandhir by singing or playing any devotional songs and share the Prasad with friends and family and stay Blessed.

May Maa Lakshmi and Baba bless and guide you always, Thanks

3 people like this.
  3. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

thank you for the reply saisakthi sister.
    yes sister, i used ghee to lit up the lamps. and also planning to offer maa vilaku at home for aadi velli prayers.

1 person likes this.