1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL Cheated me

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by hubbysPrincess, May 15, 2014.

1. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

I like blackbeauty's first suggestion. No need to be spiteful or unforgiving about this situation.

Always give the other party an opportunity to save face. Always!!

Last edited: May 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Keep them for your sil's marriage.When the time comes....tell mil"maa I want to give these bangles to your daughter from her brother and bhabhi".

18 people like this.
  4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

OP- Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. If you really think she has done injustice then I like what yellowmango suggested. Give these to her daughter as a wedding present.

5. satnam12

satnam12 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Dear..
    I don't know if this makes you feel, that you are better than me .. but this is my story. my DH puts me solitaire ring in our engagement, in front of about 200 people (his and mine relatives), that ring was too big (in size) for me, but i was still ok. right the next day my MIL came and took me to nearby jeweler for another ring as she said that this ring is toooooo big for me... she got me a ring for 25000 Rs ....Since than after my wedding i have always seen her wearing that ring in each and every festival/functions/occasions that we have till date. I told my DH that the engagement ring should not be worn by any other person other the one it belongs too as it is not considered auspicious ,but all in vein... it still makes me feel BAD:cry: and MAD:oops: whenever i see that ring in her finger, not due to the price but due to the emotions attached to it. But who cares for our feeling dear..
    Your DH know about this, its enough, just forget about everything else... BE HAPPY WITH HIM, instead of feeling bad about this and wasting your lovely moments with you DH.

Take Care.
    Satnam

3 people like this.
  6. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

Hey you know what your Mil is better than my Mil(begger) no one could find an Mil like this on this earth.she gave me an earring and saree for my engagement. ...later after the engagement I came to know that the earing was my dh's granny's earing and she took it from her put it in new empty jewel box and gave it to me and about the saree she did not bought it from the store she gave her new saree to me.....i really felt very bad and asked my dh about this he said he doesn't no any thing about it i was so furious and when she came to my house for some other thing i returned it back the earing..you know what i pay backed her nicely by buying an expensive saree for my wedding (I know that it' s a waste of money and it was my HUSBAND'S HARD EARNED MONEY but I still I want to show her who am I and with whom she is playing). after marriage I started to buy plenty jewelery (my husband is such a sweet heart he let me to buy jweles every year)and wear it in front of her.she and my cosister(another begger) would feel jealous ....me and my Mil still have a cold war and I never forgive her for this.....she is a living monster on the earth I just hate her to the core....

2 people like this.
  7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

OK, so this is my evil twin speaking:
    Pretend that you lost the bangles and test her reaction.

1 person likes this.
  8. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

if im at ur shoes. i wud have confront my mil directly and told her about my finding and give her back the bangles. not that i need it anyway.

9. uma927

uma927 Bronze IL'ite

If you wear the gold plated bangles daily, it will show the real color after 6 months even it says 1 gm gold bangle.

Either you wear or make your mil wear, just push it back to her for her usuage saying it is big for me , deisgn seems to be old one which suits elders etc. But ofcourse if you go and say it is 1 grm then the plate may get turned that you have cheated because all samaj know is its a gold bangle gifted to you by her ..so be careful in opening the issue in front of all family members.

Either be quite and forget it or just try to use the bangle often and just say why it is turning to different color as if you dont know about 1 gm jewellary details at all.

But for sure, doing all those ,we will not get anything in return..so its better to keep quite and spend our time in quality way instead of dealing in all those stuff.

1 person likes this.
  10. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

laugh1smiley

1 person likes this.