Second time moms

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Whitelight, May 11, 2014.

1. Whitelight

Whitelight Silver IL'ite

Hi Nalini,
    Nice to see you here... So how old is your daughter? Mine just turned 5..even she address herself as akka :) The one oerson i want to show the baby as soon as she is born is my daughter,i even assigned a friend to get my daughter to hospital once the news of baby reaches her. She keeps telling we will be having a baby soon ,not because of you or appa but because to told ummmachi( god) "i really really want a baby sister"

People say the second baby always comes earlier...even i cant wait till 40 weeks.
    Yes managing two kids is going to be difficult. Do you have any help?
    This is my 34 th week and i am swept by exhaustion. My leg feels weak these days..

Waiting eagerly to be done with 37 week..i have an appointment this thursday...waiting to get an update:)

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  2. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

nalini, congrats. i didnt know...

3. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hey There!

Even this is my second baby , Currently I am 14 week preg. My Son is 2yrs old , so basically I forget I am preg and run around him to make him bath , eat , and almost everything. Sometimes I throw this responsibility o my hubby as I get very tired.

Though I try to tell him about our baby ,he is still too young to understand.

This baby is a unexpected gift from god to us. We have actually planned for our 2nd baby after 4yrs. I just hope I can take care of both my kids properly. I am always worried about that part.

Congratulations to all 2nd time mom's

Love Raji.

4. Whitelight

Whitelight Silver IL'ite

Congratulations srajitha..

Hmm...you have a toddler in hand and a baby in your tummy.... I know its tough.
    Your baby is a surprise gift to you ... We plan something but god has a better plan for us:)

I know your son is very small to understand anything about a new baby in the family. My daughter is 5 yrs old..and she is ready for the new arrival and also to share the responsibility of taking care of the new baby.

So when is your due date. What are your symptoms? Any nausea or vomiting?
    Keep writing and take care.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  5. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hi Whitelight

I am due in Nov , the only major symptom that I have is lost appetite , I am unable to eat anything properly. I lost interest in cooking.

What about you , I think you have just few days in hand to see your LO , what were your symptoms.

Love Raji

6. Whitelight

Whitelight Silver IL'ite

Yes i am around the end of the pregnancy..35 th week ..waiting to complete 37 week and i am ready to have my baby girl in my arms any time. I had an appointment today, everything looks good.in another 2 weeks ..weekly appointments will start.

As per the symptoms... I am feeling pretty good this week but my doctor keeps asking me to eat well..as i am not gaining much weight. But baby is measuring right for 35 week.

Even i didn't have an cravings in this pregnancy...no appetite whatsoever..

7. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Nice to see this group. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and hoping to have a smooth ride this time around too, as I had with my first one. My first one will be 4 this august and seems ready to have a sibling!

Aside from being super exhausted after work and practically having to drag my feet to make somethign in the kitchen, I am doing ok. My clothes already seem a little snug, I am not able to fit comfortably into my regular jeans :-( The first time, I was well into 16-17 weeks when I could no longer fit into regular clothes. Maternity clothes are a bit loose and regular jeans are tight!! Getting dressed for work everyday is becoming a challenge!!

8. Whitelight

Whitelight Silver IL'ite

Congratulations on your pregnancy peartree...

I know the first trimester is very tough. Yes all that bloating and tenderness makes it very difficult to wear your regular cloths. But the bloating will come down soon and you will be able to wear your jeans for some more time.... Even i faced the same situation. I bought a pair of pants with elastic waist band,a little bigger size.. And that helped me till the middle of second trimester. After that i started wearing maternity pants.

Good to know your son is excited about the new baby..
    I have a daughter,5 yr old now.. She is almost loosing her patience waiting for her baby sister :)

I am getting exhausted these days.. But hubby and daughter are very helpful. I dont have any family coming for help.. But we have a good circle of friend who i can count on.
    Do you want a girl or a boy this time? What about your son...he wants a baby bro or a baby sis?

Take care

9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Hi Whitelight

Thank you so much for the wishes and congratulations to you too! My first one is a girl, and I am hoping for a girl this time around too. Not that I have anything against boys, but I am somehow very strongly wishing for another little girl.

My First LO doesn't seem to have registered yet that there is a baby in amma's tummy, only when we remind her.. probably because I am not showing yet. I get a little emotional sometimes when I see her to think that she will need to share her attention with another baby now, but I guess that will be there no matter when we decide to have another one! She seems to waver between wanting a baby sister or baby brother and sometimes even a baby monkey!!! So nothing is consistent with her yet :)

My parents will be here for delivery.. I am planning to call them closer to the due date so that they can be with the baby for as long as possible afterwards. Besides, my sister and a lot of other family is in the same place as me... not to leave out some extremely helpful friends.

I see from your ticker that you're very close to having the LO soon.. all the best. Wish you a safe and a speedy delivery :)

10. Whitelight

Whitelight Silver IL'ite

Hi peartree,

Thank you.. Yes i am getting closer. It had been a long wait this time,i am ready...i am eagerly waiting for the big day.

Thats so sweet of your daughter... Baby brother/ baby sister/ baby monkey!!! She infact has a wide choice :) . My daughter just turned 5,last month, she was the one who started the whole topic of a sibling. She always wanted a baby sister..

Good for you ... You have a lot of family around :) . Are you working? I am not working at present.. Mine was a normal delivery last time...expecting the same this time too. What about you?

Last edited: May 31, 2014