1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Share your Morning routiine friends. Lets all get healthy !!!

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by Maddy2087, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Maddy2087

Maddy2087 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Lets share our morning routine and get going with a healthy lifestyle motivating each other. I want to learn from all of you and also incorporate a few in my lifestyle. Let me be the first participant !

-->I start my day with prayers which includes positive affirmations and i program my brain for the rest of the day. There is a wonderful scientific reason behind this.The first 10 minutes from waking up is a period when the subconscious mind doesn't conflict with the conscious mind and our positive and life rewarding affirmations turn into reality because they get registered in our subconscious zone with ease. (Same should be performed just 10 minutes before getting sleep(*note not before going to sleep , it should be 10 minutes before getting sleep the dizzy and vague phase. :). You will see the results for sure .

--> I drink 2 huge glasses of water empty stomach. Never spit the early morning saliva because it contains immense medicinal values and is the best cure for majority of the diseases .

--> I brush my teeth and wash my face with homemade herbal soap (Does wonders to my skin ).

--> I apply vitamin E(Johnsons baby oil )/ Coconut / Sesame oil and massage my face with it for 2 mins. Helps improve the blood circulation and improves the skin texture on a long run.

*Dont use a lot of chemical creams on face because they may provide instant results but are the major cause of skin aging . These are the marketing gimmicks don't fall for them .

--> I take 2 tsp of methi dana / Fenugreek seeds and gulp it down empty stomach with a glass of water.

--> I spend my morning with nature by watering plants and taking care of them for some time. Its gives me an opportunity to connect with the nature .

--> I get going by making my Green smoothie for the day. It mostly includes

handful of spinach
    beets
    lemon(It detoxifies the body)
    carrot
    mint
    coriander
    tomato
    Cucumber

*NO SUGAR / SALT for taste . Its for health benefits and not for taste :)

The green smoothy helps maintain body weight , improves skin , provides a natural glow , Controls acne ,controls mood fluctuation, provides roughage , improves the bowel system , increases the metabolism and an endless health benefit :)

--> I have my breakfast and i make sure that i savor every bit of it and also every sip of coffee i drink. [A small training tip to live in the present , Also helps brain focus more]

And i finally get going with my day .

I want you all to share and inspire others to start the day on a very healthy note. Lets take a stand to maintain health and get rid of all the diseases and illness forever.

Lots and lots of love,
    Maddy

8 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Maddy dear glad to know about your daily routine which is a healthy one. Mine is different from you

When I wake up I wake up taking Lord's name, say that slokam Karagre Laxmi Kara madhye Saraswati ,

Karaagre Vasate Lakshmi Karamadhye Sarasvati,
    Karamuule Tu Govinda Prabhaate Karadarshanam,
    Meaning: The front part of the hands (the finger tips) is credited to Goddess Lakshmi, the Goddess of wealth. The middle part or palm is credited to Goddess Saraswati, the Goddess of learning and the root (the part of hand near the wrist) to Govinda. So, every morning, one should have a reverent look at one's hand which represents sincere labor.

Actually me and my dh get up at the same time. In front of me only Lord Ganapathy is there.So I start my day seeing him first , then the prayer. Both me and dh brush our teeth. Either he or me whoever finishes brushing light diya to God. Then I make coffee for me and horlicks for him. Enjoy the coffee. Then cut the vegetables. In the meantime my dh takes bath. He likes to take bath first. Then I take bath start cooking breakfast and lunch both are ready.Everyday its chapathi in the morning for breakfast and whatever vegetable is prepared is had with that. After cooking. Do pooja to God. On Monday, Tuesday , Thursday and Friday to archana to the respective Gods. The days when I do archana show kalpuram to God and then both me and dh take the kalpuram and i take God's and my dh's blessings an dthen give breakfast to my dh. This is how my day starts

P.S.Maddy dear you must be surprised to get the first fb from me

3 people like this.
  3. Maddy2087

Thanks a lot Vijima . Very nice routine . I always say this shlokam daily after a shower. When i was a kid my mom sent me to a shlokam class and the teacher insisted us to recite this daily with palms shaped in a way collecting water droplets. (Concave should make more sense i guess ).

Vijima whats fb ? I didnt understand :)

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Welcome Maddy dear. Glad you liked my routine. Glad you also say this slokam . Here is the youtube with that sloka

KARAGRE VASATE LAKSHMI (Morning Prayer) Telugu Meaning - YouTube

default.jpg

FB means feed back

1 person likes this.
  5. Maddy2087

Yes ofcourse Vijima it was a good surprise . I was happy to get your FB first :).
    Thanks for the video.

1 person likes this.
  6. aamini

aamini Bronze IL'ite

WoW...what an inspriing posts from both Maddy and Viji...
    I am not writing anything what I do ..(ashamed of myself) after seeing ur posts...
    Planning to do something good from new year ;)

7. laasya2109

laasya2109 New IL'ite

Hi

i'm new to this web site. the first thing i saw this letter which is really nice .i think this is a good welcoming thing for me to this group.

laasya

8. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Nothing much happening except that, 'honey, i shrunk the coffee cup!'

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  9. Shanaya909

Shanaya909 Junior IL'ite

Back to the morning routine....

I start with a good session of workout followed with a glass of fresh fruit juice. Then comes the morning tea and breakfast.

10. Tealover1980

Tealover1980 Gold IL'ite

Nice idea.

Morning hours are good ones.

I woke up at 6.00 am. Lazy in bed till 6.15 am. Got up. 2 km brisk walk.

Took out masalas in cups for morning breakfast and for lunch recipes, sambar and vegetables. Bai cooks rice, sambhar and side-dish. I have to take out only masalas and required vegetables on plate.

20 min prayers.

Then, to work at 9.00 am.

Brisk walk in morning adds energy to my entire day.