May 2014 Mom to Be Club :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by ruthwithus, Sep 9, 2013.

1. babynme

babynme Junior IL'ite

@ tinygirl- got about 4-5 stiches since it was an assisted delivery. But episiotomy is as it is a very common practice in India still. Also, being a normal delivery the healing was much faster!

2. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Wow Zoya, thank you for sharing your birth experience. Wish you speedy recovery and enjoy your time with LO. Take plenty of rest and sleep while your little girl sleeps!

Gae, I did not mean to glorify the c-section but it is still a big operation. I would not recommend having c-section unless it is medical requirement. Over here, most of the doctors won't allow c-section unless it is medical emergency. I have seen that in India more doctors are taking c-section route which is more money and easy work for them. Be positive and you can do it, I am not going for VBAC because I am afraid if I go for VBAC at the hospital that allows VBAC and have to go for emergency c-section then I won't be able to get my tubes tied as it is a catholic hospital. The other hospital where I am having my baby, will not have Anesthetist on duty all the time so my OB does not allow VBAC there. Wish you good luck dear and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy with your DH.

Hello Aarthizone, how are you doing? Is your mom here yet?

Hi Tinygirl, how is everything going on with you?

Radical, now even less than a day and you will get to see your LO. Good luck with everything dear.

Hello Nidhi and all other May moms

Thank you Sweetypi.

My updates:
    Had my last appointment yesterday, I am still 1 cm but 50% thin. I think I will be able to make it to May 6 now. My in laws are here but last few days have been very hectic and I wish they would have stayed in India so I would have been able to enjoy rest of my pregnancy better and DH would have been able to focus on just me and my LO. I am trying to keep my calm, and Friday is my last day at work. I am so happy that I made it all the way to 39th week! I may not be able to log on to IL that frequently after tomorrow so I will update as soon as I can.

I wanted to thank you all ladies for being there through out the pregnancy journey and I am glad to know each of you. I wish you all very good luck! Take care and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy and your LO when he/she is here.

4 people like this.
  3. Whitelight

Whitelight Silver IL'ite

Congratulations zoya,
    That was a incredible birth story...
    Enjoy motherhood and wish you a fast recovery

1 person likes this.
  4. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,

@Zoya,
    Wow, superb birth story.Your such a brave lady.
    your labor was quiet fast I feel dear.Well what does your little daughter do now?
    Mostly sleeping.I remember you saying that your at the end.But now your the senior mommy in our group and you got to guide us.
    I have few questions, like how did you know you were losing your mucus plug?
    And when the water broke was it more like you felt to pee more or was it like a gush of water?

@Radical,
    All the best dear.congrats on completing of 9 months so that will be 39 weeks I presume.May 2nd is akshaya thriteeya too.So may abundance of joy be always with you as your baby will bring the joy on this day.Do update us as to how your health is, when you have time.tc

@Crazymom
    I agree with you.When I came to India, I was surprised as to how commercial the practice of medicine has become.It took me lo of hard work to finalize my OB.I did change from Cloud 9 hospital also as I dint feel comfortable with OB.The hospital is supposed to be a famous one and 1 which supports more of normal delivery.
    As you said C-section has become more like business which worries me.I sometimes feel if they cost me more for normal also I am ready to pay rather than go through an unwanted c-section.I have felt at may instances that my OB is not money minded.
    Just crossing my fingers as to what she will say.Lets hope for the best.
    I know the irritation your getting from in laws.Well haven't you crossed 39 weeks dear.So just 1 more week push it off.Just sleep and do what you like and tell them your damn tiered and avoid them.Best way to keep ourselves sane.

Babynme,
    That is so sweet of you to provide me this info.It really boosts my confidence, that I can do it.

Sweetypi,
    Yes dear.Planning on asking doc why she was skeptical about it.
    My height is 5.1 and I am small frame person.Compared to DH who is tall 5.11
    And big frame.So in case baby is of his frame and my pelvic bone ain't so
    compatible, is the only option I have thought so far.again Its my Assumption.

My Update:
    Tomorrow I have a scan I am in 38 week and am hoping all will go well.
    After that I will consult my OB and get things clear.
    Based on what facts she says she would advise me C-section?
    also planning to quote that many have delivered max of 4 kg baby also normally.
    Also as many of you suggested, I will tel her I refer normal and would never choose C-section just for convenience sake.

A big hello to all friends.
    yay! we are finally in MAY month.:banana
    Also big hello to july clubbers.Thanks for peeping in and helping me out.friendssmiley

5. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello everyone,

I am leaving to hospital in 10 minutes. No one slept properly last night except me .

I will update you all as soon as I can.

Radical

3 people like this.
  6. pretypirt

pretypirt Bronze IL'ite

Hellow Everyone

A big thanks to all for your wishes.:thankyou2:

Radical: All the best.

I hope everyone is enjoying remaining few days.

I am doing good, except the stitches down there creates difficulty while sitting. But it is healing.

Hubby also come on the same day (ie. 26th April) by the same time when the baby walked into my life (ie. around 6.00 am).
    :welcome
    So many relatives are visiting with their blessings.

since last three days baby was doing nothing but sleeping all the time. I had to get him awake to feed him.

But after that he has started to awake at night at 12 o'clock sharp. Ha Ha
    He keeps looking at me and I beg him to sleep and try hard to awake. But in day time he keeps sleeping....
    thinkingsmiley
    I and Hubby keeps looking at the sweet and innocent face of my little miracle. The happiness surpasses all the labor pain and 9 month troubles. once i saw him after delivery all the long eight hour labor pain had vanished within a fraction of second.
    :clap
    In short I am experiencing the heaven.
    :party
    I loved sharing on IL. It was so helpful. Though I haven't seen you ladies but it seems that our friendship is long lasting.
    I wonder once May is over where shall we meet...............
    what will be our next thread.............

4 people like this.
  7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Zoya,
    Hope you didn't scare office people! ;-)
    Its nice to ready the birth announcement and labor experience! Thanks for sharing it!

Hi Pretypirt,
    I think babies are taking rest in the first few days after the labor experience! ;-) Hope soon you will see the demand!

Hi Radical,
    I hope by now you must have delivered! Hope all will go well! Take care!

1 person likes this.
  8. crazyqueen

crazyqueen Silver IL'ite

All d best radical...

congrats zoya...

@tiny girl... Reg Cord tangle.. Nothing in our hand... It depends upon d baby's movement and nothing to do with mothers moves... That is a myth carried out from many years... I cleared it with my dr.... And de-tangle chances are there since I have good liquid level... And that also depends upon baby's movement.... So v can just hope for the best and leave the rest to god and dr....

9. aarthizone

aarthizone Silver IL'ite

Hi friends
    hope you are doing good... We are at the end of our pregnancy...it's really nice journey of pregnancy with you people. Each and everyone has with so many ups and downs in our pregnancy.. But by sharings things between us we relaxed...

@zoya
    unbelievable birth story. Thanks for sharing it even in your busy schedule. I think it's a different experience.. How is your little princess? What's her name? Are you enjoying your motherhood ?

@pretypirt
    hi how is your LO? His name? Both zoya and you share your daily schedule when time permits. Is baby latching well?

@ radical
    all the best.. You are the next person in our club..I think by now you have delivered.. We are eagerly waiting for baby birth story and especially we want to hear from you that all your health issues solved.

@crazymom
    Are you ready for your c-section and still going to office ? All the best crazymom..Still 3 more days...you are going to see your LO. Wow.. What a great feeling! Don't think about in laws in these days.. Just be relax and take rest atleast these days.. Atlast what's your final decision about tubes getting tied? Actually my has to be with me on May 2. But because of flight technical problems it's rescheduled to next day. Today (May 3) I am going to receive her..

@gae3
    As others said Don't go for c-section(because of baby weight) as much as possible without any proper reason. How was your scan and what dr. Told?
    @nidhi
    you too faced some problems in your pregnancy.. But you didn't share it all. I think you are a brave lady..! How could you manage all? Still feel any health issues?

big hello to janbornchild, sweetypi, crazyqueen , babynme, @tinygirl

my updates:
    - nothing interesting. Going as usual
    - I don't feel even any single contractions. In my first pregnancy too I didn't experience any pain and contractions. I am worrying that being a women I don't feel any labor pain (not even false pain, contractions) in both of my pregnancy.
    - next dr. Appointment may 6th.
    - going to receive my mom today..that's it. No more interesting updates..

Last edited: May 3, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Friends I delivered handsome baby boy on May 2. He is damn cute. I am still recovering.

Radical

4 people like this.