1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A lesson from a Daughter !!!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by brindhak, Apr 28, 2014.

1. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

It was an usual morning ... Archana woke up as the alarm was fine in its 5:30 am duty !! She patted the alarms head and wrapped her bed .. She saw her 5 year old daughter Navya sleeping like a doll wrapped by archana's dupatta ... She never ever leaves mamma's dupatta ... Navya was in her vacation from her play school .She kissed her daughter and rushed for a shower ...

She quickly started cooking breakfast and lunch , packed her lunch , and stuffed the remaining in hot boxes and left on the dining table .. She got ready by the time the clock struck 8 .. Navya came out of the room ... "Amma " she ran and hugged Archana ... Archana kissed her cheeks and looked at her watch . It was time to leave home in another 10 mins ... She walked quickly to the entrance of the house and was waiting ... Navya again ran to her mother and hugged her tightly ... Archana smiled and took her daughter in her hands " Navi dear ... Amma will be back sharply at 6 in the evening .... I will get u chocolates and doll ... As soon as Ayamma comes here ... You should brush , take bath and have ur breakfast ... " be a good girl ... She said her routine advise to her daughter ... Navya was about to say something ....but the maid interuppted with her loud voice " Archana ma I'm here ... You can go ... I ll take care "..Archana left the house , waving hands to her daughter who was about to burst out in tears ....

Archana knew that Navya was not comfortable with the maid ... But she didn't have other options ... She thought this was better choice than a day care .. Ayyamma was very happy in her house spending some time in taking care of baby ,spending few hrs in front of TV , and spending few hrs searching something in the house which she could use or take to her home ... Though Archana knew all this day to-day details ... She kept mum .. thinking of her child , since it was a very remote area it was pretty difficult for her to find babysitters .

That day was very hectic ,She came from the office and plunged in the sofa .... Navya and Ayamma returned from the park... Navya hugged and kissed her Mom ...Archana needed that hug and kiss at that moment to brush off her tiredness ... Ayamma left the house as if she was waiting for that particular moment ...

Archana prepared dinner , cleaned the house, did the laundry , fed her daughter and took her to bed .. As she made her sleep ... Bitter Memories flashed in her mind .....She was a strong and confident woman .....her parents died when she was 8 yrs old . She was brought up by a home and she studied in scholarships ...Mukundh fall in love with Archana and they were married five years back ... even after the sudden death of her husband in an horrible accident ,she never gave up .. She toiled herself for her daughter .. When her Mil came forward to stay with her after her son's death , Archana denied her proposal , keeping all her abuses and ill treatment that she got from her MIL .Since it was a love marriage her MIL was not ready to accept them . Though her MIL apologized for her act , Archana was not ready to forgive ...
    " Archana wiped her rolling tears , and came back to reality when the clock
    strucked 10 times .. She left the room with a deep breath .

She cleaned the kitchen and ironed the clothes . She was planning to take an off the next day and take Navya to jewel shop to gift a chain for her upcoming birthday .. She came back to the room ..hugged her daughter and slept restlessly ...
    The next day morning .. Archana was a bit relaxed since she was on leave .. Archana and Navya got ready .. The ayyamma came at the usual time ... Archana insisted her to clean the house and dishes .. and do the laundry for that day ..and assured to be back after three hours ...

She hired an auto and was heading to the shop .. "Oh No !!!! Stop the auto " paniced Archana ... Turn back and pls go to the house quickly !!!!!....Auto reached her house in next 10 mins . She stepped out of the auto and rushed into the home dragging Navya .. The maid was washing the clothes .. " Why Archana Amma wat happened ... Why are u back ? Archana ignored her question and went to the dressing room . Thank god !! Her handbag was on the table .She grabbed it and left the house .

Archana's fear was normal like others ... Whether to trust maids or not !!! This was a million dollar question from day one ! But she didn't wanted to do any research at that moment ..She was a bit relaxed now since her money was safe !! ....

She returned to the auto and started again to the shop ... " Navya asked what happened Amma ? Archana said , no dear nothing to worry ... I left the money on the table , I was tensed that it would be spotted by the ayyamma .. I got the money now . Nothing to worry ..."You don't leave money and jewels in home when maid is there ? asked the little girl ... Ah! Yes ... I don't trust her much ",she replied ... Navya remained silent for a second " Then how do you leave me with the maid and go out ? She asked innocently .. Hearing this Archana skipped her heartbeat for a second !! She was dumbstruck .!!!! She didn't know to answer .. She was searching for some words but all in vain!!!

Navya 'a question was heart wrenching for Archana...She returned home without going to shop . She gave lunch to Navya and made her to sleep .....She couldn't concentrate on anything !!! She called her office and requested leave for that day too ....Finally she made up her mind and went to bed that night ...

The next morning she was as usual busy with her tasks ... She didn't leave the house at 8 am , her usual time! ... Navya was having her milk ...the maid was at the door ... Archana ma I have come , you can leave now . , it was really in a commanding tone !!!!

Archana , came forward and gave her some bucks .... Aya ! I don't think you need to take care of Navya any more ... Thanx for all that you did so far .. She said with a smile ... Ayyamma was terribly confused ..., but still she didn't bother to ask the reason also , she left the home ..

Amma , are you going to be with me , no office today ? asked the innocent kid .. No dear Amma will leave in another 1/2 an hr ... Navya was sad again and continued her drink ..."Amma a new Ayamma is coming to house ?"she asked again .. "No dear " .. No aya anymore .. She hugged Navya with a smile ...

The small gate at the entrance open with the "creech " sound ...
    Navya and Archana walked to the entrance ... There was her MIL at the gate with tons of smile longing to see her grand daughter and daughter in law ..Navya ran and hugged her granny ... She was happy after seeing her long time .. Archana too went and hugged her mother in law ...

Thank you so much for accepting my request last night and coming immediately ...
    I lost my mind because of my anger on you !! Please apologize .... said archana with tears ...

Let it be a good beginning for them !!
    It's happy atleast now Archana forgave her MIL and decided to be together .
    Hope you too will pray for their happiness :)

2. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Nice one Brindha...
    Question asked by Navya to her mom touched my heart..
    I have seen many people leaving their kid to unknown person than leaving their kid to inlaws. In many cases inlaws will be good towarand will take care of kid better than babysitter..

sindmani and brindhak like this.
  3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

My dear BK,

After a looooooooooong time a nice treat from your end..

Yes this story made me heavy. This situation is very common in working ladies' life but how else can we manage too...

Keep writing BK...

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Brinda dear very touching one for all working mothers. I have also worked for 38 years and after marriage left my children in the care of maid. What to do we were not so lucky to have in laws when they were born. My mother looked after for sometime and then she also was no more. I think every child who is left under the care of maid will ask this question. But there are some maids who look after well also and take care of them like a mother. All are not so lucky. Navya's question was very touching. After reading I wanted to nominate the same but today only could do it.

5. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Friend..
    Happy to see your fb. Its almost 5 years.. I was out of IL... I restarted my writing now and here is your first feedback :) ...Im happy that you liked the story..

thanx for ur support and encouragement..

6. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

lalli dear... You are awlays with me... so I can courageously restart writing :).. A friend and guide liked u is a bliss and a bless :)

Love U dear,,

1 person likes this.
  7. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji ma.
    Thanx for your nice and warm words.. im really touched.. I can unsterstand well what you could have gone through...........

You made my day by nominating this... :) this is my post in IL after 4-5 years.. im glad you liked the story..

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

You are welcome Brindha dear, I also though I am seeing you after a long time. Welcome back, usually I dont come to stories section, your post made me read it and nominate it. Also Angelin has nominated your story

9. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

dear brindha. it was nice and touching story. as i working mum i can feel its touch personally.

10. divyagshenoy

divyagshenoy Senior IL'ite

very well written...it brought tears in my eyes...as i was reading through..my LO's face flashed in front of my eyes...everyday while leaving house..he will come running behind me and i have to give some excuse...

1 person likes this.