1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Food for Thought!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

HAHA. lovely piece.So now u eye the poor gods also eh ! Ganesh gets potbellied but he does not get diabeties eh ! And yes al gods aer shown as lean and thin, and we eat a little and put on weight.
    But let me cheer u up with something i read long ago
    Better be fat and fit,
    than thin and sick.

Maybe u have a tendency to put on weight,like me. But look at Nutan, she was to remain slim, her structure was like that. so blame god for making u like this.HAHA

like Amitabh, go and tell god, as he did in deewar was it " Tune mujhe bad back di, maine kuch nahin kaha,tune muhe aurat banaya , main chup rahi, tune mere spine ki band baja di, main kuch nahin boli, pur main aaj chup nahin baithungi. Why have u made Chitivsh so slim, when she cooks such delcious goodies, and she hogs on them too, and still she is slime and trim, and i just look at food, and the calories just fly to my tummy thru my nose and eyes!!!!!

HAHA

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji, I agree, better to be healthy than unhealthily skinny. I guess it is better to be middle of the road for fat also does not always mean healthy.

"tune mujhe aurat banaya ... main chup rahi" - No I won't say that. I don't see any reason to blame God for putting me in this half of the population.

3. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Satchi,

How are you? I love love Vadais. :) When I was pregnant, whoever asks , what is that you want to eat now, without a blink I replied Vada :) Now I am still in office but I want to have a vadai immediately

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

Dear Raba, sorry for having done this to you. One suggestion to help you out. I am sure vadas are available in the office canteen. Go help yourself to a nice crunchy, munchy one and eat it slowly so you don't exceed one. :-D

I never make vadas at home. I generally eat it outside so that I can stop at one that once in a blue moon when I do choose to eat it. :-D

1 person likes this.
  5. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Satchi,

At my previous firm , when I used to walk in the aisle there were colleagues swearing, hissing imprecations, may be once or twice they had to be restrained , all because ...I did not do anything , believe me, I just carried

[box of triple-chocolate cupcakes, cannoli, freshly baked new york cheesecake for snacking]

Finally everyone conferred, ratiocinated and updated the interview Q sheet to include a misc question at the end - "Could you please tell us your snacking habits"

I used to munch, munch ...muuunch and people around me had the blazing look of a thousand exploding suns; snicker and chomp in more mandarin cakes.

How difficult is it to answer 'Sach Ka Saamna' - "In a beachfront cottage, cream drapes swaying, tussie-mussies hanging, no pheromones exchanged with David Dachivny slurping low-calorie parsnip soup - True/False"

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

So, Mother's Day weekend and all. Got all ready to meet the family for cbrunch! ***Hmmmm, what a brunch!:p A plate with three soft and spongy and featherlight pancakes and layered in between was whipped cream, freshest of fresh strawberries that was well coated with original maple syrup coming all the way from Canada and the whole thing was dusted with powder sugar and once again decorated with finely sliced strawberries and caramelized walnuts and again dusted with powder sugar....

***There was also the most delicious and sinful grilled cheese sandwich. One needs a savory after all? Now this was made with the most yummilicious slices of bread and filled with the melt in the mouth cheese, tomatoes, finely chopped onions and all surely tossed in butter and toasted to the prettiest of gold hue garnished with strands of carrots and crisp salad and cucumber slices.....

*** Then one needs the dessert of course! Now this was a mountain sized slice of a cheesecake!:lol: The deliciously buttery base was piled with the smoothest of cheese and cream amalgamation topped with a layer of some syrupy topping with berries and chocolate scrapings . It was heaven!

Thinking it was my turn to the mother bit and dripping with love, I looked up AskChitvish app for a healthy dessert and stirred up one cup almonds, one cup butter, one cup ghee and one cup sugar into this sensuous halwa!

Can you blame me if I Do look like our Ganesha Bhagwan??waitingsmiley

What are you complaining of? Now that you have read this, you can join me in the looks department as likes of you and Manju just have to think about it and you can look like me! :biggrin2:I am waiting, need company!!

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  7. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

(Kabooom!)
    Satsa, sorry for the barge-in but I heard an explosion of bakery here, and tunneled through to scavenge flying melted cheese, splinters of strawberry shoots, and parings and shavings of grilled tomatoes and pickled onions.

(thud thud)
    That was my loaded basket skidding on the floor. Be careful with the mashed carrots and cucumbers strewn on the floor, oh watch out the rolling macadams of walnuts, don't squish that crumble of halwa.

(schlip schlip)
    Slipped on the syrupy butter leaking. Sorry!

21 grams of missing soul is unaccountable, atleast I can account for 2000 gms that I have put on today with the description our Lady K.

One explosion that jolted every muscle in my gut, enlarged my nostrils and coiled my tongue into a step-up transformer conducting 20K Volts

3 people like this.
  8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hoo ha ha...just the explosion I so desired...a combo of boom boom, thud thud, schlip schlip! :biglaugh

Now, this is the real food for thought for you Satchi! :)

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  9. satchitananda

Hi Aria and Kamla,

With all this food explosion, my mind is presently incapable of thinking much - obviously, it is filled with thoughts of all the goodies you two have so kindly mentioned. :p BTW, I weighed in this morning and I am almost a kilo more than I was before I read your posts. So Kamla, here I am to keep you company!

Aria, I love your method of torturing nasty co-workers! LOL. My sympathies with them! :-D