1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Our weird family!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by navs23, Apr 3, 2014.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Quite interesting. A great transformation from a stern 'NO' to a hearty 'Yes'.
    Love and affection can turn mountains.

Wonderful writing.
    Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  2. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Navs..
    oh those doggie eyes make you melt right away.. my Harley (lab) is also the same can stare stead fastly at you till you give him what he wants..
    about cats .. not too much of a fan but I know many cat lovers who have adopted cats and were heartbroken when one fine day they just leave!!!..
    it speaks volumes of you to befriend the pets and even learn to adore them
    enjoyed reading
    kerman

1 person likes this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Navs

what a wonderful story told from the heart and endearing bcs it is true.my dog tuffy 10 years old, died a few months back, and it broke our hearts. what a chap i have written so many blogs here on him.

Yes our tuffy loved marie biscuits, as many as u could give him, he ate his roti and miljk, and loved banana.
    We buried him in our lawns, and every morning first thing i greet him at his grave, and even now feel his presence around.He was a part of me, and us, and i can understand how u feel, it must be hard to see him like this, old and sick, but well that is life.

i suggest, when he goes after a month get a new one, and he will fill yr house with love and laughter, and the grief will go away, i cannot get one, bcs now wife is not cooperatinmg, otherwise i would love to get a new one.

Regards

kamal

2 people like this.
  4. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamla Ma'am,

Thanks for the sweet feedback :)

Nice to know that you too have become a pet lover. I am still wary of strange dogs though and I guess the converse is also probably true :)

So true, pets are so trusting and selfless, wonder why they have only 5 senses, while we manipulative humans, have six!

5. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Jayasala Ma'am :)

The transformation took a long time and the credit goes to everyone at home, for seeing how much they cared for these pets and how the pets reciprocated, made me understand that certain things mean much more than hygiene or sloppy habits(of the dog :)

6. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Kerman :)

Nice to hear about Harley. Smart dogs, they do seem to know how to get their way, just by staring!!!!!

So true about cats, ours used to leave, sometimes for days and come back whenever she wanted to. She would however, never leave when she was nesting, probably it was mom's house for her too :)

1 person likes this.
  7. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I am so sorry to hear about Tuffy, may he rest in peace. Nice to hear that he too was a foodie and enjoyed his dog years.

Yes, it is the way of life, just that it feels like he was a little puppy only recently and has aged so fast(dog years do go away so fast, hmmmmmmmmmmmm)

I remember reading that your dog Bingo loves to accompany you, when you are gardening in your 'Lost and Found' post. Is he your new dog? Bingo like in the rhymes, 'There was a farmer who had a dog, and Bingo was his name-o'. Ours is called 'Rhini' and till date, no one has a clue as to who named him that or why :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Hi Navs

Very lovely to read.. :) your encounter with your pet cat is more funnier..

1 person likes this.
  9. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Raba :) I am glad you liked it.

10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Navs23,

Hearty congratulations.
    You have won the most deserving award.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.