1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter- The most precious

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by meril, Nov 8, 2013.

1. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thank you, Madhumidha!!
    Thank u, yogeshabhavani!! I haven't posted a new episode.

2. springsnb

springsnb Gold IL'ite

nice post meril.... plz post next episodes frequently.... don't take much gap

3. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

My Daughter-The most precious(Flashback)

Hashim remembered that he had saved Shan's contact number and searched his cell phone quickly and contacted him.

"Shan, this is Hashim here" said Hashim sounding nervous.

Hashim informed Shan of Kumar collapsing and that they were rushing him to the hospital.

Shan enquired which hospital and added I will be there in no time, which added a feeling of support to Hashim.

The car rushed to the emergency unit and Kumar being unconscious was shifted to the stretcher and roller away by the nurses.

Hashim followed them as quickly as his feet could take him until Kumar was rushed into a room with a door which had three bold and red letters printed "ICU".

Hashim leaned on the wall impatiently, trying to get a glance of him every time the door swung open, few nurses and doctors rushed in and out paying no attention to Hashim's question-"How is he?"

Hashim being mentally exhausted took a vacant seat found closest to him, He soon noticed Shan wandering around, his eyes in search of someone.
    Shan eyes found Hashim.

Hashim got up from his seat and walked towards Shan."What happened?" .."How is he now?" Hashim answered his second question first, "I don't know, he just collapsed.

The door to ICU swung open, this time, a nurse calling out attention of the crowd said looking at Hashim, "ehh excuse me" in a voice sounding irritated.

Hashim and Shan quickly rushed back, "Yes" said Hashim waiting to hear how Kumar was. "You are the one who came in with a male patient a while ago right?" Yes was Hashim's answer again.

"What is his name?", asked the nurse holding up a medical sheet in her hand."Kumar..Kumar Krishna", said Shan. Nurse noted down his name on the medical sheet

"You can't be bringing a patient on emergency and standing anywhere you want, you should be having a sense of responsibility!", said the nurse forgetting Hashim standing at the doorway since the door shut behind him.
    Saying this nurse turned to leave.

"But how is he now?", asked Hashim feeling terrible of being blamed.

"He has overcome the emergency situation, be here the doctor might want to talk to you" reminded the nurse and the door once again swung open.

To be continued..

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Sweetynila, katochsimi and Angellic like this.
  4. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Nice going. eagerly waiting as to what will the doc say.. when will Kumar's daughter come and know about this and what will be her reaction................

1 person likes this.
  5. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

My Daughter-The most precious (Flashback)

Shan and Hashim gave a sigh of relief.

"Did you find anything peculiar that would have triggered in the collapse?" enquired Shan.

"No, nothing" said Hashim.

"Anything regarding the business?", asked Shan ensuring Hashim hadn't missed out on anything.

"No- nothing everything has been going smooth for a long time now. He really wanted to get a specific client's order" ,said Hashim remembering the meeting."Hashim checked his cell in order to know the time, 1:34"

"Which client and did you get the order" asked Shan.

"Ohh, no, we had a meeting with the client at 12:00, there is very less chance to get that order again. Anyhow will try sending them a letter of apology", said Hashim.

"Okk, but that doesn't sound like a reason which might have resulted in the collapse right?"

"No, Kumar was confident and moreover we have got orders from well established companies in the past year" said Hashim ensuring that wasn't the reason.

"I had informed Reshmi about the collapse, she would be worried, let me tell her that he is fine." said Shan looking at his cell phone and walking away to make a call.

Hashim stood beside the ICU waiting for the doctor.
    __
    In a while Reshmi joined them as well. "There is a canteen downstairs, why don't you both go eat something" said Hashim ensuring his presence to be there.

"No..no we are fine", answered Reshmi for Shan as well. "Hashim, we will be here you may leave if you want.", said Shan.The doctor made his presence before Hashim's answer.

"Who has come with the patient Kumar Krishna?" enquired the doctor. To which Shan and Reshmi answered: "We have!"

"Okk.. Follow me to my room" ,said the doctor taking the lead.Both of them immediately followed the doctor leaving Hashim alone once again.

Hashim's cell phone started vibrating; it was a call from an office staff enquiring about Kumar.

Hashim answered "He is okay" trying to keep the conversation short and insisted not to spread the news of collapse among the staff and clients.... and said Hashim, before the staff hung the line. "Do send an apology mail" to the client we intended to meet today.

Hashim kept waiting for Shan and Reshmi eagerly and restlessly. The wait seemed to long than he expected or was it his eagerness that made him feel so?

He finally saw them come from a distance, he wanted to rush towards them but the nurse's words made him stay right where he was.At the same time his cell phone vibrated once again.

It was Ashvini this time. Clueless of what she did ask, Hashim answered the phone.

Hashim looked at Reshmi and Shan who by then was beside him, anticipating everything was fine with Kumar.

To be continued...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    Sweetynila, katochsimi and Angellic like this.
  6. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thank you for dropping in your feedback! Will let you know in the coming episodes..!

7. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

hi,

Nice updates. Hope Kumar is back to normal and his daughter is happy.

Banu

8. shanmuelangovan

shanmuelangovan New IL'ite

Hi really a nice story line n narrated well.. keep going.. after a long time I'm reading story based on father n daughter relationship.. waiting for ur next post...

9. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Hi Meril,

After a long break back here and caught up with the new episodes...

the puzzle finally seems to be solved... Lets wait and watch...

Great going Meril :)

10. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

My Daughter-The most precious (Flashback)

Hashim kept moving his eyeballs from Shan to Reshmi and finally asked "He is fine.. right?" "Yes, he is fine now." said Shan.

"But what had happened to him?" , asked Hashim curiously. Shan took a deep breath before answering and said it was a mild heart attack.

Reshmi took a seat quite far away from the ICU room. Shan very well knew Reshmi left as she didn’t want to listen to it once again.

Shan continued with the scene at the doctor's room: "The doctor has ensured he has overcome the emergency situation but we should be cautious. Doctor asked me if there was a situation which would have triggered the attack", said Shan without a pause.

Hashim remained silent and Shan continued.. I said there wasn't any incident as such.

"Probably because of his smoking habit", said Hashim.
    Both of them sighed in a manner of approval and said, "Yeah, got to be."

By then a nurse made her presence and asked, "Who is Kumar Krishna's bystander?" "We are." answered Hashim. "Did you want to see him?",asked the nurse.

"No, she wanted." said Shan pointing towards Reshmi. Reshmi noticed the nurse talking to Shan and walked towards him.

"What happened?" asked Reshmi sounding worried. "You want to see the patient right?" asked the nurse assuring Shan's answer.

"Yes." said Reshmi in a low voice.

"Okay, come along. Don't talk to him much nor cry in his presence" instructed the nurse while she walked with Reshmi to the ICU.

Reshmi agreed to the nurse by nodding her head and followed her.

To be continued...

Sweetynila and drjobs2009 like this.